I am done with Nissan (Vent Thread)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe some could use the chart. I find the 11th, 9th and 4th bars are wide and the last two are really fat! GIDs aren't perfect ether, but are quite a bit better. I suspect those will get worse with time as well. The higher internal resistance really screws you further as capacity drops.

keydiver said:
scottysize said:
wifey commutes 35 miles round trip and only had 8-10 miles left when she returned home.

It sounds to me like the car still works for her commute, so what's the problem? Everyone knows that you still have hidden range, even after those 8-10 showing on the guess-o-meter. The real question is: how fast is she driving, and how many of those 35 miles are at high speed? How long ago did you lose the second bar?
As others have said, forget the useless GOM.

GOM is pretty lame. I remember the other day a full charge w/the GOM reading 80 miles. I drove 8 miles and the GOM went up to 88 miles. :roll: Of course, I could see % SoC went down...

OP really should be answering http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=275421#p275421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
mkjayakumar said:
Gid meter is a must for everyone driving the Leaf.
Disagree. I don't have one but I have a '13 Leaf w/the % SoC display and my commute's only 12 miles each way w/free L2 charging @ work.

Gid meter seems like it's pretty necessary for anyone with an '11 or '12 Leaf where their typical drives are near the edge of perceived range (what the GOM and not-very-granular 12 fuel bars tell the driver).

cwerdna said:
Gid meter seems like it's pretty necessary for anyone with an '11 or '12 Leaf where their typical drives are near the edge of perceived range (what the GOM and not-very-granular 12 fuel bars tell the driver).

My commute is 12 miles round trip and I still need a GID meter. I loose four bars typically on that commute (going from the 9th to the 5th on an 80% charge) now. But wait! What if I start at the 5th bar and do the same commute? I only loose one or two bars. Seriously. The gauge is that bad.

^^^
Eeek. Yeah, I don't pay close attention at all the to 12 fuel bars, since I have % SoC display.

I've personally confirmed that LBW sounds when my car's % SoC display is at 17 or 18% and VLBW at 7 or 8%. Not tried taking it to turtle, yet.

It's well known (at least on this forum) that the more the battery degrades the more inaccurate the SOC gauge becomes--and so on in a downward spiral. Therefore, I believe something like a LeafDD or LeafSpy becomes essential to extract maximum performance from a Leaf (at least a 2011/2012 one). I am entering the "no man's land" after 10 CB's where the SOC may become very non-linear; at 8 CB's many of us will find out whether the (new) "hot pack" battery was worth the wait. In the meantime, it becomes even more important when engaging in these battery capacity discussions to reference either how many CB's you have or the AHr remaining in your post/signature, as that will have a dramatic affect on everything from absolute range to the behavior of LBW, VLBW, etc.

Back