How you use Carwings, and why you should, if you don't

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RegGuheert said:
So this makes me wonder why you calculate full capacity in Gids if you have access to higher resolution Wh data. Is it because Gids is all you get at the end of a charge? Or perhaps Gids is the only energy number you ever get directly from the car and the W2 number LEAFscan is showing is calculated by integrating the power used over time and subtracting that integral from the Wh computed from Gids at the end of the last charge?
I don't, but I'm sharing this for the benefit of those with Gary's meter that are trying to gather information. I use the far right number (W2), once you have that, the Gids (and it's watt-hour) representation in too low resolution for gaining any good feel. I suspect it's intentionally buffered slowly to ensure the GoM and other figures on the dash are not updating too much. Or maybe when the corrections are being applied, they halt or slow the updates to Gids. I only added the (G)/(W) for comparison purposes.

pic

-Phil

+1 That is all I use it for, and to receive a confirmation that charging is complete (or that is has terminated abnormally)...

EVDRIVER said:
I still see no value in using Carwings other than to turn on the heater once in a while.

Phoenix said:
What's a LeafScan? Why should one use Carwings? Doesn't trip planning via internet and i-phone or i-pad suffice?
A LEAFscan isn't available yet, except in prototype, but a lot of us are drooling at the prospect. Think ScanGauge on steroids, built specifically for the LEAF. Read all about it here: LEAFSCAN - The Ultimate Instrument for your LEAF!

I only use Carwings for the "end of charging" emails it sends, and maybe one or two times a month to start charging from the comfort of my recliner.

Ray

Back