How much for an extra 110V cable?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

Does anyone know the cost of an extra 110v trickle charge cable? I'll be needing two of them, one for the garage and one for travel. Thanks, trent

I think Nissan's idea on that issue is, the 120V emergency EVSE cord is supposed to stay with the Leaf, at all times. In other words , coil it up and throw it in the trunk, problem solved.

It will likely be available (at some point) as an accessory in any Nissan dealership parts department. No idea on cost or timeframe though.

Equivalent charging cables will also be available from many non-Nissan sources, almost certainly at a lower price. There is nothing Leaf-specific about this; it's just a standard 120v J1772 EVSE, interchangeable with any pluggable car built now or in the foreseeable future.

Now it's down to $495 at Clipper Creek.

http://stores.homestead.com/ClipperCreekInc/-strse-7/PCS-dsh-15%2C-Portable-Level-1/Detail.bok" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mj

If you see units for sale for $300 on Ebay, keep in mind that they are mis-wired and will not work with the Leaf's charge timer. The one I bought worked fine without the timer, but I had to send it to Clipper Creek for repair, as the seller found the same issue with all the ones he had.

Back