How many Leafs will be delivered in US this year ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Leafs will be delivered in US in 2010 ?

• Zero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-1,000

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 1,000-2,500

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 2,500-5,000

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • >5,000

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
garygid said:
I thought Nissan mentioned 50,000 were going to be produced, roughly "in the first year".

Yes - my 2nd point in the first post. That is the production number in a full calendar year. I think US would get half of that - $25K.

So if people are supposed to be able to take delivery of the car late this year, I'm curious if anyone knows when the first Leafs are supposed to start rolling off of the production line. I'm also curious of anyone knows how many pre-production models have been made?

adric22 said:
So if people are supposed to be able to take delivery of the car late this year, I'm curious if anyone knows when the first Leafs are supposed to start rolling off of the production line. I'm also curious of anyone knows how many pre-production models have been made?

It does bother me slightly that they are talking about refining the hard plastics offered for the dash. That would mean a delay, surely? Or, how many think they are just blowing smoke to placate the journos complaining about the hard plastics?

Nissan does have a lot of things to do to deliver production cars in December (put them on a boat in mid-November?).

I suspect that what we currently see is what we'll get, except for software tweaks.

mwalsh said:
It does bother me slightly that they are talking about refining the hard plastics offered for the dash. That would mean a delay, surely? Or, how many think they are just blowing smoke to placate the journos complaining about the hard plastics?

May be - unless the parts manufacturer has already been contracted to manufacture soft plastics.

I don't know how Nissan works - but generally I'd not bring it up unless I'm atleast 95% sure we could get it done. A disappointed journalist in June is much better than a furious one in December.

we probably talking about 30-45 days. i got my 2010 Prius mid may. build date was april, 2009.

so if starting deliveries early Dec. we talking builds starting mid Oct?

Back