How is sound system quality in Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tps said:
evnow said:
Needless to say I won't be popping in many CDs for serious listening.
I'd have been shocked if the LEAF was anywhere near my home listening experience with Magneplaners. However, at least my brief listening time in the LEAF did not leave me with the impression that the system is unlistenable.
Don't take my statement to mean unlistenable. I'm just saying the obvious - that all serious listening should be done at home where the noise floor is much lower.

GeekEV said:
I agree, it's not unlistenable, but it's far from great. Someone here described it as "fatiguing", which I think is a great way to describe it. It just wears on you after prolonged listening.
Fatigue usually means the system is bright. I didn't particularly find it that way - though a combination of "hot" mastering and the system could make the experience bright and fatigue inducing.

evnow said:
GeekEV said:
I agree, it's not unlistenable, but it's far from great. Someone here described it as "fatiguing", which I think is a great way to describe it. It just wears on you after prolonged listening.
Fatigue usually means the system is bright. I didn't particularly find it that way - though a combination of "hot" mastering and the system could make the experience bright and fatigue inducing.

It is not really bright it's just harsh in the mid section on some sources. Mine is getting an upgrade.

When I was in the Hertz NYC rental, I listened exclusively to MP3s from my USB thumb drive. It sounded best when the car was parked. Maybe a few peaks to the frequency response, but overall, not too bad. When I was moving, as I had suspected, the road noise made the system sound rather thin at the low end. I didn't notice much harshness from my MP3s, so maybe that's a problem at the source. Next time maybe I'll try listening to XM a bit, but their bitrate is so low I though that would not really be a good test of the LEAFs system.

I wonder if they could apply some extra bass automatically as speed increases so it would sound better when in motion?

Also do the LEAF receive HD radio?

Looks as if I might ultimately have to do something with a sub to get the low end to sound right. A Focal mini-sub under the front seat did the trick in my Camry, however that spot is already taken in the LEAF!

SuperSafe said:
After reading this thread, I am going to plan on replacing the speakers as soon as I take deliver August 21st. Has anyone put Klipsch speakers in a Leaf? I am open to suggestions on other premium brands that fit the factory openings. Thanks for any help.

My experience is they tend to be quite bright and colored.

Back