Hope this isn't old news; phone app now keeps you logged in

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JeremyW said:
That's good news! Although, I couldn't imagine why you'd want to have the option of not staying logged in. ;)

In case your phone or computer gets stolen you don't want somebody to be able to start charging your car if it is plugged in.

palmermd said:
In case your phone or computer gets stolen you don't want somebody to be able to start charging your car if it is plugged in.
+1 It is a well-known fact that cell-phone thieves do not know much about proper LEAF charging techniques for best battery life. :D

What does the "keep me logged in" option actually do? I have checked the box but every time I access the app after not using it for a while it still tells me that I've been inactive for too long and need to log in. It doesn't appear to have changed anything for me.

Publius said:
What does the "keep me logged in" option actually do? I have checked the box but every time I access the app after not using it for a while it still tells me that I've been inactive for too long and need to log in. It doesn't appear to have changed anything for me.
Me too. Sort of irritating.

:D
EvansvilleLeaf said:
Hope this is not old news - didn't see it - phone app now has "keep me logged in" option on Android at least. Wasn't there yesterday for me.
I hadn't noticed. Maybe it turns on what version of android you're on. I run the older version just because the Wattstation app won't run on (most) v.4 version(s). Maybe they don't want their app to be any better than how their charger works on all Leafs. :roll:

Publius said:
This is why I use Leaf Link. The Nissan app is unusable for the reason you mention. A truly pathetic and absolutely unacceptable oversight, IMO. It continually logs out, and often you don't even know it right away. It absolutely kills me to see an app that otherwise is highly usable and pretty because a paper weight because of something so very easily corrected. But, there it is.

Back