Help me to figure if my commute is doable with 2013 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planet4ever said:
LEAFFan said:
OR, like someone posted, you may be able to use a QC station on the way home. You could get enough to get you home in about 15 mins. or less.
There is no QC anywhere close to his route except the one at Bishop Ranch, and that is too close to home to do him any good.

How about driving to the Sun Power parking lot at Tasman & 1st and taking the Light Rail from there to the Children's Discovery Museum?

Ray

light rail takes 40 mins for from tasman & 1st to children's discover museum. One in a while is fine. I think long term solution is ask my employer to have dedicated spot with 100V plug.

Other options will work for a week or two, later it become cumbersome.

planet4ever said:
LEAFFan said:
OR, like someone posted, you may be able to use a QC station on the way home. You could get enough to get you home in about 15 mins. or less.
There is no QC anywhere close to his route except the one at Bishop Ranch, and that is too close to home to do him any good.

How about driving to the Sun Power parking lot at Tasman & 1st and taking the Light Rail from there to the Children's Discovery Museum?

Ray

According to PlugShare there is a quick charge seven miles north of his location in Santa Clara, which isn't a direct route home, but does go in the general direction. I'm not a local, though, so maybe I'm missing something.

My office is right opposite to san jose convention center, which works out very good. The problem with this option is , parking is too high to make use of it.

Does any one know if san jose convention center allows free parking for charging vehicles. I haven't started my new job at this new place yet. In month, i am going start working opposite to san jose convention center, i have to figure out before if i can in order to purchase LEAF.

^^^^
To expand further on my suggestion about the Rav4 EV, there's still an $8800 incentive WITH 0% financing for Nor Cal and $10K incentive w/0% financing for So Cal. See http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If you need a So Cal zip code, try 90024.

Its range should be sufficient w/o workplace charging.

It often strikes me as ironic. Here we are in a world wired for electricity and (the lack of) charging at work remains an impediment. Opportunity charging, while at a meeting, or errand, or dinner, or movie, can really make all the difference between a challenge and the utmost of convenience. Good luck to the OP. Rally for charging at your employer, or buy a cheap high MPG beater for a while. It will work soon enough.

My office landlord said their wasn't demand for charging so they weren't installing stations. I told them there would be when the lease expires, but that there was no way they would be smart enough to install them now when there was a tax credit available for a third of the cost. I don't think they understood what I meant.

I don't think you understand the difference between a credit, (Reduces tax owed) and a deduction (Reduces taxable income). One is a lot better then the other unless you pay 100% tax.

Back