Help! LAN is not accessible

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maple

Our Blink is installed, diagnostic tests show Wifi Signal OK ,IP address OK. LAN not accessible, DNS name resolution failed. We have a new NetGear high performance router. Any help out there? (EV project, still waiting for our car, expected May 20).

This happened to me too, and even after going to static IP configuration it was still not working. Then I re-did a check, and it magically worked. I find that the Blink charger is really finicky with the network. Keep running the checks, that worked for me. Sorry I can't say anything more definitive.

Unbelievable. It worked! We pressed "try retest" 4 times and everything passed. Thanks for your help. Great Forum. You saved us countless calls to people who wouldn't know what to do. :p

maple said:
Unbelievable. It worked! We pressed "try retest" 4 times and everything passed. Thanks for your help. Great Forum. You saved us countless calls to people who wouldn't know what to do. :p
How could they know what to do, if they are never presented with the problem?

jamesanne said:
How could they know what to do, if they are never presented with the problem?
They've already been presented with the problem from multiple users. Every time I call in they act like I've never called in before on the issue and always promise to escalate.

maple said:
It's good to be you, bad to be me, I guess.

I tried that, and after about 10 clicks, I got them all green except for connection to Blink network.

What to do? I decided to click again.

Back to green-green-red-red-n/a-red.

Then I kept at it. DOZENS of times. Sometimes it would come up all red. I'd start over, it couldn't see my or my neighbor's network. Then it would find hers. Then just mine. Then both.

I did talk to customer support. Nice guy, but he just ran me thru the menus, same as I'd been doing. He even had me test twice in a row, like he knew that sometimes works!

He said he's escalating to their network guys. We'll see if I get a call back or not.

(btw, the router is in an "office" (e.g., bedroom with books and desks), across the short distance from the wall that the Blink is on the other side of. Not far at all.)

This may be good news for some. I just had to change the router on my network so that put me in the position of entering the network setup info. I had what appeared to be the same negative results as lonndoggie except that I never even got past "green-green-red-red-n/a-red."

I thought I was completely out of luck, but when I went to "Settings" off of the main page, I selected "Device Info". On that page everything was green inluding the word "yes" under the "network connected" title. It also displayed that it had sent it's most recent report to Blink this morning and displayed the IP address of my device. I typed that IP address into my laptop and it allowed me to communicate with the device.

It still never displays that it passed the test, but there is no doubt it is connected and working. Hopefully that will alleviate some frustration.

Back