Hello All - New Member - Leaf Enthusiast - Need Answers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you send your supplied EVSE to EVSEUpgrade and they'll make it a Level 2 capable of supplying 20a. If you need more than 20a for speed(say 27.5) then I'd purchase a 30a EVSE, like one of the ClipperCreek models you linked. Now if you can live with 20a then I suppose you wouldn't need the ClipperCreek, also if you just needed the 30a ClipperCreek and were OK carrying around a simple L1 120v EVSE then you wouldn't need to spend the money upgrading your stock EVSE.
Personally I like carrying around a EVSE where I had the option to use 240v and I also like the option to charge at 27.5a at home, for quick turn around, although truthfully most of the time the 20a provided by my EVSEUpgraded EVSE works just fine :)

But now after research and future tech. changes, I thought below is better:

https://www.clippercreek.com/store/prod ... nema-6-50/

Please correct me...

Thanks Very Much.

The Leaf charges at 27.5 amps maximum, so anything over 30 amps is either "future proofing" for a Future vehicle like a Tesla, or is just overkill. Remember that Clipper Creek gives model numbers according to the breaker/cable rating, and the actual output is 80% of that. This one is all you need for a Leaf, to charge at the maximum rate:

https://www.clippercreek.com/store/product/hcs-40p-32a-240v-charging-25-cord-nema-14-50-plug/

jjeff said:
Yes you send your supplied EVSE to EVSEUpgrade and they'll make it a Level 2 capable of supplying 20a. If you need more than 20a for speed(say 27.5) then I'd purchase a 30a EVSE, like one of the ClipperCreek models you linked. Now if you can live with 20a then I suppose you wouldn't need the ClipperCreek, also if you just needed the 30a ClipperCreek and were OK carrying around a simple L1 120v EVSE then you wouldn't need to spend the money upgrading your stock EVSE.
Personally I like carrying around a EVSE where I had the option to use 240v and I also like the option to charge at 27.5a at home, for quick turn around, although truthfully most of the time the 20a provided by my EVSEUpgraded EVSE works just fine :)

How much does it cost to upgrade and time to get back my equipment?

I agree with having both i.e., upgrade and 27.5a.

Thanks

naturoses said:
jjeff said:

How much does it cost to upgrade and time to get back my equipment?

I agree with having both i.e., upgrade and 27.5a.

Thanks
Just click the hyperlinked EVSEUpgrade and select Nissan, the price to upgrade a Nissan Leaf EVSE is $287 + shipping and any adapter plugs you may need/want. The turnaround time is very quick but in my case I already had a 30a EVSE so it didn't matter so much, it was still quick though. The cost to upgrade is roughly the cost of some low cost <20a 240v EVSE's but none will have the flexibility of the upgrade as far as being able to adjust the output current and ability to work not only on 240v but also 120v and each voltage can have separate amperage settings, really slick IMO.

When you return a lease, it has to have an original L1.

You could get a TurboCord, but with the public stations in Boston, you probably won't need it.

Clipper Creeks are good, and outdoor rated if you're mounting it in the driveway.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
When you return a lease, it has to have an original L1.

You could get a TurboCord, but with the public stations in Boston, you probably won't need it.

Clipper Creeks are good, and outdoor rated if you're mounting it in the driveway.

jjeff and DNAinaGoodWay, thank you. Yes, may be the best is get Clipper Creeks and forget the rest...especially if I have to return the L1 cord...

Thanks

This site can really SUCK! I've been answering PMs from Naturoses, but the inbox filled up, and every time I clear some of the old messages, *they come right back*. The "delete marked" feature worked earlier today. So Naturoses, you'll have to post your questions, which are all perfectly on-topic for leasing, in the forum. And hopefully the damned glitch will be fixed...

Here is my last PM to Naturoses:

Negotiate for $0.00 "out the door." That means with all fees. Also, keep in mind that they have to show you all fees before you sign the lease, so you can simply refuse to sign and walk out, if they add fees not agreed upon. You are right to worry about Dirty Tricks, but there are limits to what they can do - just don't let them pressure you emotionally. And don't get a "service plan."

Now, about Zero Down. This is the safest way to lease a Nissan, because if the car is crashed and totaled, you lose any down payment and have to start from nothing again. However, making a small down payment will often get you better terms, as the dealer likes to get some cash from the deal. IF you think the likelihood of you crashing the car or having it get crashed and "totaled" is low, then try offering $1000 down. If the risks are higher, stick with zero down. Michael

LeftieBiker said:
This site can really SUCK! I've been answering PMs from Naturoses, but the inbox filled up, and every time I clear some of the old messages, *they come right back*. The "delete marked" feature worked earlier today. So Naturoses, you'll have to post your questions, which are all perfectly on-topic for leasing, in the forum. And hopefully the damned glitch will be fixed...

Yes, no problem. Thank you.

LeftieBiker said:

No trouble deleting my inbox. Hasn't come back either. Also, if you go into rules settings and folders you can set it up to delete the oldest message when it's full.

No trouble deleting my inbox. Hasn't come back either. Also, if you go into rules settings and folders you can set it up to delete the oldest message when it's full.

I just tried again, with the same result: the marked messages don't delete when I select "delete marked" and I get sent to an 'export message' page, despite not having selected that feature. I'm using Firefox (used to be a great browser - now it's bloatware) and I think there is a browser-specific glitch on the site. I'd like to be able to keep the PMs I want, rather than having the oldest ones get replaced by newer, not necessarily important messages. If one of the Admins would look into this issue, I'd appreciate it.

FWIW I use FF(v29.0.1) and I was just able to delete multiple PMs....
First check the box to the right of the PM you want to delete(under column mark) next click the drop down arrow below the boxes and change it to DELETE MARKED, next click GO and finally answer YES to the dialog box asking if your sure you want to delete the selected PMs.
What version of FF are you using? I agree when I got into FF it was because IE was so bloated and FF was very efficient, now as you said it's getting to the point where FF is almost as bad as IE Seems like lots of people are now(including my kids) are using Chrome and very happy with it. I tried it but went back to FF, well just because I was used to it.

First check the box to the right of the PM you want to delete(under column mark) next click the drop down arrow below the boxes and change it to DELETE MARKED, next click GO and finally answer YES to the dialog box asking if your sure you want to delete the selected PMs.

I know how to do that. However, trying it again did narrow the issue down: there is no confirmation for deletion coming up. I think that even though I have selected "Delete Marked" it is performing the "Export message" action. I'm using Firefox 39.0. I hate having FF update every few days, so I do it manually, as needed. It may be time to update it now...

LeftieBiker said:

I know how to do that. However, trying it again did narrow the issue down: there is no confirmation for deletion coming up. I think that even though I have selected "Delete Marked" it is performing the "Export message" action. I'm using Firefox 39.0. I hate having FF update every few days, so I do it manually, as needed. It may be time to update it now...
Your preaching to the choir on that, I HATE how FF wants to CONSTANTLY update, and I don't mean to fix bugs, to change basic operations and look, bugs the hell out of me. I have all updates turned OFF(which is why I have a version many many times older than you) :lol: and only update when I'm forced to because it quits working.
You don't use some type of ad or popup blocker do you? I use ADP and NoScript(which I turn off for MNL) possibly a program like that is blocking your confirmation screen?? I agree, if you don't chose YES on that confirmation screen it probably won't delete your messages, even if marked.

Back