Having second thoughts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
Model S ? What is your priority number ? I think under best circumstances they will release a trickle of S'es in December '12. Rumor is that "special edition" model S in the beginning for $80K will be released.

Toyota's new EVs will probably have better range (150 miles ?) - and will also be releasedlate in 2012.

The problem is - most of them will slowly start releasing vehicles in the same states Nissan is releasing now - CA etc.

I'll be getting one of the first 1000, non-signature, if I decide to purchase.
Current word is dec of 2011 for signature edition, 1st quarter 2012 for the start of the regular ones.
However, it doesn't really matter when they come out. Again, if there is competition to the Leaf with better range, they will get my business. If Toyota can do it, they will get me business, if Tesla can, they will get my business, if there isn't any competition, Nissan will get my business.

well, i made a decision and went and bought a 2010 toyota prius ii instead of waiting for a leaf.
being in the northeast, i wouldn't get a leaf til winter 2011. i weighed that with the upfront much higher costs of getting the leaf and the prius won, hands down.
i am very pleased with the prius and the deal i got. it's a great car for what i need, and i can see why so many members of this forum are already prius owners.
the next car i get, in 3-5 years will definitely be a plug-in prius-like car or an ev like the leaf (there'll be many more choices by then too).

sorry to bow out of the leaf reservation list; this website has been very good.

JPC2822 said:
Hybrids are so "old school" and are 8 + years old. Congrats Bradford!
Hybrid owner of 7 years.

Yes - Hybrids are like car 1.5. Volt is 1.75. Leaf will be Car 2.0 (may be this will make a good vanity plate !).

bradford said:
sorry to bow out of the leaf reservation list; this website has been very good.

On behalf of all of us who reserved after 4/20, thank you, thank you, for giving up your place! Okay, so I only moved up one notch in line, but every little bit helps. Also I have to keep reminding myself that waiting isn't all bad, since if I got my car before they had much public charging infrastructure built it would be kind of like driving an EV with a 50 mile long extension cord plugged into my garage. ;)

I expect you will enjoy your Prius. Mine is great, and the 2010's seem to be even better. By the time you feel like replacing it I'll bet the charging infrastructure will be all built out and there will be many competing models of EV's with better specs than the Leaf. ... Not that anticipation of that is going to stop me from getting a Leaf as soon as I can.

Bradford, all is not lost.... Checkout the "PICC" thread (Plug In Conversions Corp), they are comming out with a Lithium PHEV conversion kit for the 2010 prius around the end of this year, supposed to have a 40-60 mile EV range and be able to get to 70MPH in pure EV mode (spins the ICE without injecting fuel to prevent overrevving), price not officially announced, but is expected to be in the 10K area or so, has a 12.5KW pack that fits under the rear deck (where the spare is)

You might be able to get your EV, after all :)

mitch672 said:
...but is expected to be in the 10K area or so, has a 12.5KW pack that fits under the rear deck (where the spare is)

Do you get $7.5k rebate for this ? Might be an option when we need to change our other ice ...

Back