Having issues with your Carwings dashboard not updating?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientExpress

I found that my Carwings online dashboard (https://zeroemission.nissan-carwings.com/) stopped updating my driving history on July 10th. I called the Leaf customer care group to inquire about the problem, and they told me that this was a known issue and that I needed to visit a dealer service center and get a CarWings firmware update and a Telematics Control Unit reset.

So I went to my local dealer, and of course they knew nothing about this issue, and said that there were no service campaigns against my VIN, etc. So I called Customer Care back again, and they said "Oh, yes, they have to do this manually". So then I had to pry out of them the Technical Bulletin number: TB-11-041 "2011 Leaf, No Telematics Communication".

I told the service writer the TB number, and they took it from there. This process took about 2 hours, of which half of that was for the tech to fully understand the process, but after he accomplished the update, everything was then fine with CarWings reporting back on again. CarWings did not update July, but it did update August 1st through yesterday.

So if you are having this problem, go to your dealer and ask for TB-11-041 "2011 Leaf, No Telematics Communication".

Mine stopped working about the same time. Made an appointment for next Tuesday to have an update installed that is supposed to fix it.

Any details regarding this upgrade? How much of a reset do they do? For example, did they disconnect the battery, perform a Carwings reset, etc? Did you have to reload your address book or stations, etc?

OrientExpress said:
So then I had to pry out of them the Technical Bulletin number: TB-11-041 "2011 Leaf, No Telematics Communication".

I told the service writer the TB number, and they took it from there. This process took about 2 hours, of which half of that was for the tech to fully understand the process, but after he accomplished the update, everything was then fine with CarWings reporting back on again.
The assistant service manager at my dealer told me I had to wait 1 1/2 weeks for them to get delivery of an "update card." Did you have to wait, or was your tech able to get the update online ?

tbleakne said:
The assistant service manager at my dealer told me I had to wait 1 1/2 weeks for them to get delivery of an "update card." Did you have to wait, or was your tech able to get the update online ?

The dealer that I had the work done had just received the updates, and I was his first patient. I'm not sure where he got the update from, but I do know that he had to get help from Nissan in Tenn, who in turn had to get help from a guy in Japan to get it working.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that even after the update, you may have to call Nissan Customer care to get them to reset your online telematics account. Mine worked for 4 days, then stopped again, and I called them and they said OK, no problem we just have to reset your account.

What a pain!

OrientExpress said:
tbleakne said:
One thing that I forgot to mention is that even after the update, you may have to call Nissan Customer care to get them to reset your online telematics account. Mine worked for 4 days, then stopped again, and I called them and they said OK, no problem we just have to reset your account.
I had my update done 2 days ago and no problems yet. I guess I’ll find out in a few days if I need my account reset.

It took about 1 hour to have the firmware updated at my dealer. They had problems a few days before I brought my car in and had to borrow some computer form the Infinity dealer. They were able to load their computer with the proper software the day before I brought my car in, although they had previously mentioned they would need to get a new “programming unit” shipped from California.

I had mine done on Monday and just like everyone here it took awhile for service to get familiar with the procedure. I strongly recommend you:

1) Make an appointment beforehand, referencing the TB#
2) Call them periodically to make sure they're on track
3) Give them about half a day

I initially got a call 2 hours after I dropped it off saying I was already on the "latest release" and didn't need the update so they washed my car and "it's all ready for you z0ner" :roll: After I explained that did nothing to fix the Carwings problem and questioned whether their dealership had the expertise to fix my car, it eventually got handled. I did have to make a few more calls back and forth, but they finally took ownership and fixed it.

z0ner said:
1) Make an appointment beforehand, referencing the TB#
2) Call them periodically to make sure they're on track
3) Give them about half a day
Good recommendations.
I had much better upgrade experience at Mountain View in Chattanooga as detailed here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4790&p=121328#p121328
Leaf knowledge is a lot better when the service manager drives a Leaf!!!! :D :D :D

Carwings will miss entering trips from time to time. Some of them are longer trips (like my commute to/fro work). So my total miles are just approximate. Completely unreliable. Also, the calculations have still not been fixed to get the correct miles/kwHr. Most likely the regen is being subtracted twice. How difficult is this to fix? For all the great things they have done with the LEAF, Carwings is garbage. Also, why can't the car upload this information once a day or at some fixed time instead of after every start? If it cannot upload it due to poor cellular coverage, it can keep it in "memory" someplace till it can get a connection. This way every day's information is up to date. Next gripe is the ranking system - if they want it to be meaningful how about counting trips that exceed some miles and also account for type of driving. There are some getting 30 or 40 or more miles/kWhr. What are they doing? Pushing the car downhill? The last one is - delete all the "0 mile" trips - record those only where the car has actually moved, say 0.1 mile!

I had the NTB-11-041 update done on 8/3, after having driven only 25 miles this month.

Since then, Carwings seems to be reporting the same m/kWh as the car does, and it now seems to be correct!

The car is still reporting a 4.3 average overall (no resets) as it has for months now.

Carwings reported mid 5's during my first 3 months of driving, but is reporting 4.2 so far for this month, which seems plausible, as I have been driving the same routes this month, but a little faster and with a bit more AC.

My remaining bar count after regular drives has not changed, suggesting the only change is with the Carwings calcs.

Anyone else noticed this?

edatoakrun said:
I had the NTB-11-041 update done on 8/3, after having driven only 25 miles this month.

Since then, Carwings seems to be reporting the same m/kWh as the car does, and it now seems to be correct!
Wow, that's great news! Extra incentive to go in for that battery health check when it's time. :)

One setting that you might want to verify is the frequency at which CarWings downloads to its servers in Japan. I had my Connect frequency at 120 minutes, and since I very rarely drove the car for that long of a period of time, the car never got to download info to the server. This was a part of my original problem that I did not discover until later. I reset the download frequency to "at power on". Since then, my CarWings account has been showing my usage data correctly and I have not missed a day.

Here is the path to set the download frequency on the car:

From the Navigation unit:

Menu>CarWings>CarWings Settings>Info Feed Settings>Download Automatically>Select Download Interval>Power On (or a frequency that is shorter than the time you actually drive the car on average).

After reading your post I now know why I have no had an update since the 16th of August :roll:

I talked to my dealer and I am the first one to call about an update to the software.....

It is suppose to be about 40min. to reprogram Carwings :)

This form has been a great way to find out what is going on with my Leaf :D

david2344 said:
After reading your post I now know why I have no had an update since the 16th of August :roll:

I talked to my dealer and I am the first one to call about an update to the software.....

It is suppose to be about 40min. to reprogram Carwings :)

This form has been a great way to find out what is going on with my Leaf :D

David:

After the update, make sure that you set you frequency of connection to something less than the average time you drive the car or it still won't send new data..

Updating driving history? I don't even know what you fine people are talking about. I admit, got my Leaf a month ago and love it, and just drive it in ignorance. Is this something I need to know about? Too, I don't worry about charging much, I have a photo voltaic system and charge my car with no added expense.

DesertDenizen said:
Updating driving history? I don't even know what you fine people are talking about. I admit, got my Leaf a month ago and love it, and just drive it in ignorance. Is this something I need to know about? Too, I don't worry about charging much, I have a photo voltaic system and charge my car with no added expense.

A good place to start is your owners manuals, especially the one that deals with Navigation and CarWings.

I had the dealership updated my Leaf with the NSB11-041 this morning. However, as of tonight Carwings is still not showing up the proper data for the day online. Do I have to wait a day or two for it to show up?

I reset all Carwings settings to default, then set the update frequency to "Power On". I also signed in again and receive the message "account activated". Do I need to do anything else?

I'm puzzled as to why the data is not showing up on my Carwings account yet.

I believe it is "normal" for Carwings to be AT LEAST one full day behind.

Maybe they wait until they get the first "next-day" data before they actually "close out" a "full" day's data to post the next "daily" statistic?

And maybe their "day" is not our local time, but their Japan time?

OrientExpress said:
I have noticed that my Carwings has stopped updating as well. The last update was on the 5th. I will have to look into this.

I have fixed my problem with updates. Turns out, I had set the update interval to "never" instead of "power on". The 2 options are right next to each other in the parameter list. Now updates are posted the same day they are generated, and the cached data from previous days was sent as well.

Back