Has anyone ordered a 2013 at a dealer yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wantonsoup said:
You probably clicked 2012..

Quite possibly, but the "memory" I had the Leaf was at the top of the list, and under 2012 it is in the middle. Went to a sushi bar before that, could be too much sake :)

With the way the 2012's sold, I would venture to say dealers will drop easily $500 off straight from the start. Moving these cars off the lots both benefit the EV community, the dealerships ability and reputation by NISSAN with their stats, product movement and ability to have a better track record when requesting specific models/colors and options. They may still try to throw a MY12 at you for an excellent price, but the MY13...when its available I have no doubt you can snatch it off the lot quick.

People arent running to the dealers in droves to pick these cars up, its a buyers market. Hopefully your the first of us...lucky to say the least, and get a MY13.

mazdaboi said:
With the way the 2012's sold, I would venture to say dealers will drop easily $500 off straight from the start. Moving these cars off the lots both benefit the EV community, the dealerships ability and reputation by NISSAN with their stats, product movement and ability to have a better track record when requesting specific models/colors and options. They may still try to throw a MY12 at you for an excellent price, but the MY13...when its available I have no doubt you can snatch it off the lot quick.

People arent running to the dealers in droves to pick these cars up, its a buyers market. Hopefully your the first of us...lucky to say the least, and get a MY13.

VPP pricing is dealer invoice minus the discount, I doubt you can get this kind of price until closer to the end of the year, even if Leafs continue to be hard to sell. Massive 2012 discounts were Nissan-subsidized. I'm sure you can get $500 under MSRP quite easily, but even $150 under invoice is a very good deal for a 2013 model now.

Back