Has anyone ordered a 2013 at a dealer yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wantonsoup said:
In 2012 the difference between invoice and MSRP was $1,493. On 2012 I think VPP is doing an additional $750 off. So you're looking around $2,250 below sticker. But I doubt the number will be $750 for the 2013 models, probably closer to $100-300. Still $2k is nothing to sneeze at. I'm hoping to find a dealer willing to do $1k below sticker.

Pretty much what I was thinking too. Who knows they might pull out some awesome number, but if I can even get invoice I'll be a very happy camper.

Employee purchasing program, they also have a deal for those who lost a car to hurricane Sandy, dealership employees, etc.

thankyouOB said:
Bicster said:
Thanks; I thought VPP was a loyalty program. I just Googled it. :D

did someone say what VPP is. if so, I dont see it.
googling produced mixed results, indicating perhaps it is special pricing for Nissan employees and might include active military.

In my case it's due to my job working for a company that is apparently business partners with Nissan. The dealership told me the VPP price is better than what they can get as employees. How true that is....who knows. :)

Holy hell, I qualify for this. I had no idea. Thanks! :D

There's a huge spreadsheet of affiliated companies you can get on their site.

Looks like I can get VPP pricing thorough my wife's employer, I had no idea. If it is $750 under invoice it will be tempting to replace my 2011 with a 2013 before battery degradation really kicks in which I expect will happen during this summer:) However, knowing that you could get a 2012 for a $5k discount at the end of last year better tactics may be just sit and wait until dealers start clearing their inventory in the anticipation of 2014 models, if there will be such thing as 2014 Leaf.

It'll likely be $50-150 under invoice, for starters. It's $750 under invoice for 2012 because they're 'blowing them out', same reason as the crazy lease deals on the 2012.

wantonsoup said:
It'll likely be $50-150 under invoice, for starters. It's $750 under invoice for 2012 because they're 'blowing them out', same reason as the crazy lease deals on the 2012.

I'm pretty sure the VPP is $750 under invoice for 2013's. The discount is even deeper on some other models.

Bicster said:
wantonsoup said:

I'm pretty sure the VPP is $750 under invoice for 2013's. The discount is even deeper on some other models.
The 2013 Leaf isn't on the VPP list yet at all, so there's so way for any of us to know. Unless you work in the Nissan VPP discount-deciding department in which case you might know some insider information :mrgreen:

The VPP program has several levels of discounts, but depending on other promotions can be a good way to save a few dollars. The SF BayLEAFs is a participant in the VPP program, and we are looking to how we can maximize this program for our members in 2013.

Bicster said:
I guess I was seeing things yesterday. Thanks for setting me straight :)

The funny thing is that I thought I saw the 2013 model listed with a $750 discount yesterday, but then couldn't find it when I tried again. Wishful thinking I guess.

Back