GOM

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

ive had my 2012 for 19 months as of today.I have 18 k miles as of today.One bar of 12 dropped off about 2 months ago

In the morning with a full charge in the past summer the gam would state 109 miles of range.Now it states 85.I'm aware of the gom inaccuracy.Although,guess is down by 24 miles or about 22%.

Does this sound correct.Will I be loosing another bar soon?The range is fine for my use.But, it realy goes down much faster then in the past.

Loosing the first bar means you're about 15% down from new. Your result is not very far off reality but it's luck. The GOM # depends too much on how you were driving prior to completing the full charge. The two ways I know to estimate your battery capacity are either to drive the car from full to empty and compare to a reference (which if you have not done with your new car will be difficult) or get one of the CAN scanning tools that will show you what the car thinks your battery capacity is (Gids / Ah).

Lots to read about this here: http://electricvehiclewiki.com/Battery_Capacity_Loss

Back