Getting a free battery replacement after losing 4 bar

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok I had sometime with the with the car I put about 6k miles on it since, when driving under 60 mph on freeway I can get 45 to 50 miles total range when charging to 80% and stop at the last 2 red bars... i have done 30 miles when going fast.. but I say doing 65 mph freeway and local, my avg driving i'm getting easy 40 miles everyday.. still waiting for the model x .. 40k miles on the car now, and still 12 bars .

One thing nobody has pointed out to you is that IF you're had all the campaigns done on your car, at or near the time the updates became available, you're actually leaving 3.5 fuel bars on the table when you quit driving before using the red bars. This is because Nissan remapped the fuel bars due to the failure by some to realize that red (originally) meant danger and that once you had burned through the last red fuel bar, that was turtle time and you were basically done. The remap meant that once you used the last red fuel bar there was 1.5 worth of hidden fuel bars as a reserve.

I would obviously double check to see if you've had the applicable update on your car. But if you have there are probably 8 more miles to be had once the last red fuel bar has been used.

This ONLY applied to 2011 and some 2012 cars. Once Nissan had ruined the cars for 2011 (and some 2012) owners who weren't morons, they decided "never mind" and quit programming this into cars as of fall 2012 (IIRC).

So you're only charging to 80%, that's 8-10 miles gone. Then you're not using the red bars, that's another 8-10 miles gone. Plus you're not using the hidden reserve, that's another 5-8 miles gone. That's ~20-28 miles of use (maybe more) that you're not getting from your car.

before the new battery pack, I would alway go to nothing, and one time i went to turtle mode, after turtle mode was on, i only had about 1 miles before it went completely dead. Maybe they update the system since then. I'm charging it in the middle of the day so I have enough .

Back