GAH!! - Someone backed into me in a parking lot

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

Scraped up my rear bumper and side pretty bad. I had just backed out of my spot and noticed they were backing out and going to hit me. I didn't get to the horn in time.

Ironically, last night I put on the HOV lane stickers finally... and I had slightly messed up the one on the back as it has a crease.

I guess now I'll be able to fix it! haha. not.

Ah well. It'll be fine. My Honda Civic Hyrbid got "rear ended" about this much into ownership too. Although that time it was MY fault.

It looked as good as new. I'm sure this will be no different. Although they have to do a whole ordeal with the pack to do any repair work right?

ebill3 said:
cdub said:
Although they have to do a whole ordeal with the pack to do any repair work right?
As I understand it, only if they put the car in the paint oven.

Yes, as I understand it, if they can remove the damaged parts and replace or repair them, then it's just like any other car. But if the main body gets painted, they'll have to take it to the Nissan dealer to remove the batteries before doing the work.

My condolences, cdub. I got into a fender bender in a parking lot in exactly the same way, both cars backing up at the same time, so neither saw the other one. Ruins you day.

cdub said:
Ah well. It'll be fine. My Honda Civic Hyrbid got "rear ended" about this much into ownership too. Although that time it was MY fault.

It looked as good as new. I'm sure this will be no different. Although they have to do a whole ordeal with the pack to do any repair work right?

unless you were in reverse at the time, i would re-evaluate fault

DaveinOlyWA said:
cdub said:

unless you were in reverse at the time, i would re-evaluate fault

That was a joke. I was backing up and hit a post in a parking lot.

I trust no one would mind a plug for the LEAF here. I've been driving more than 55 years, and in all that time I never became proficient at backing into a parking space. Now I do it easily, thanks to the LEAF's backup camera. And to think that a year ago I scoffed at that silly thing, assuming I would never find it useful.

Ray

Gah continued.

I just called the body shop (one that was recommended by a local Nissan btw) to check on my car and they didn't know that they couldn't "bake" the car and were going to.

GOOD LORD. The guys on the phone with Nissan now. I really hope they didn't bake it and kill my car yet. Really pissed off now.

planet4ever said:
And to think that a year ago I scoffed at that silly thing, assuming I would never find it useful.
Helps for parking. No longer do I do it by "feel". LOL It also helps a lot when backing up in parking lots by letting you see what's coming.

cdub said:
GOOD LORD. The guys on the phone with Nissan now. I really hope they didn't bake it and kill my car yet.
All kinds of issues you never think about, eh? Baking a battery is just not a good idea. Hopefully it will be just fine. I wonder what temperature they use?

The good news is that it's a car and you can replace it or anything on it.

charlestonleafer said:
I back in every spot I occupy, even the angled ones. My wife hates it, says it's embarrassing, but it's worth it to me!

OCUPPY PARKING SPOT! Fighting parking spot inequality.

Back