GA Tax Credit clarification

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I filed electronically with TurboTax for both Fed & State of GA the last three years in a row. (Electing to receive my refunds via direct deposit.)

Last year, the Georgia Dept of Revenue didn't release my ZEV Tax Credit for FY 2013 until I emailed a copy of the ZEV tax credit form.

State of GA acknowledged receiving my Tax Return this past Saturday, approx. 48 hours after I submitted it electronically. If my full refund isn't direct deposited in about 3-4 weeks, I will call down to the Dept of Revenue to see if I need to send a copy of last year's ZEV tax credit form again.

sonnylax said:
I filed electronically with TurboTax for both Fed & State of GA the last three years in a row. (Electing to receive my refunds via direct deposit.)

Last year, the Georgia Dept of Revenue didn't release my ZEV Tax Credit for FY 2013 until I emailed a copy of the ZEV tax credit form.

State of GA acknowledged receiving my Tax Return this past Saturday, approx. 48 hours after I submitted it electronically. If my full refund isn't direct deposited in about 3-4 weeks, I will call down to the Dept of Revenue to see if I need to send a copy of last year's ZEV tax credit form again.

As a follow up to the above, I called down to the Georgia Dept of Revenue today. It's been one month since I filed my electronic tax return through TurboTax.

They just "released" my refund. They said it would take an additional 7-10 days for the Direct Deposit to happen. I guess the eFiling gets held up artificially when you have carryover credits like ZEV.

sonnylax said:
sonnylax said:

As a follow up to the above, I called down to the Georgia Dept of Revenue today. It's been one month since I filed my electronic tax return through TurboTax.

They just "released" my refund. They said it would take an additional 7-10 days for the Direct Deposit to happen. I guess the eFiling gets held up artificially when you have carryover credits like ZEV.

Did you have to send the ZEV form again? I got my tax refund in about a week after filing, but not the remaining zev credit. One rep from GA DOR said I had to send the form again, but wouldn't they have that on file already?

ajshin27 said:
sonnylax said:
sonnylax said:

Did you have to send the ZEV form again? I got my tax refund in about a week after filing, but not the remaining zev credit. One rep from GA DOR said I had to send the form again, but wouldn't they have that on file already?

I would just be safe and send a copy in again. Hopefully you made one--as you should with any tax return document.

Back