Fuses

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrys3255

I just bought a 12 V portable heater that someone in these Forums had recommended. Does anyone know what size fuse handles the 12V cigarette lighter. This needs 15 Amp.

larrys3255 said:
I just bought a 12 V portable heater that someone in these Forums had recommended. Does anyone know what size fuse handles the 12V cigarette lighter. This needs 15 Amp.

I seem to remember the cap on the 12V outlet saying 120W max. That means 10A.

iluvmacs said:
larrys3255 said:

Just run a heavier wire and 20 amp fuse...

TonyWilliams said:
iluvmacs said:
larrys3255 said:

You're going to tear apart the dash to increase the wire gauge running from the fuse box to the 12V outlet?

iluvmacs said:

You're going to tear apart the dash to increase the wire gauge running from the fuse box to the 12V outlet?

Logically, you probably wouldn't "tear apart" anything. I'd do just what I said (and have done on other cars). If that's above your skill level, please don't touch / dangerous electricity / you'll die / don't sue me.

Back