Fox Ch. 5 Needs Leaf Owner in San Diego for Interview Today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeler

Perette Godwin of the Fox affiliate in San Diego would like to do a walk-through of a Leaf today and interview the leaf owner on their experiences. Please call her directly at 858-354-2065 if you are around and up for this.

I'm sure each local channel handle things differently, though I've read some concerning stories regarding Fox news lately. Don't know if any of it is relevant but though I'd brought it up for people's own discretion:

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/12/19/fox-news-attacks-first-nissan-leaf-owner-engages-hate/

I'm hoping that this is going to be a report that cast a positive light on the Leaf of course. I just remember the Leaf owner in that article saying that he wasn't prepared for the type of interview that was being conducted to be a negative one.

If they want to bad-mouth the car, it takes two to tango. I have done several of these interviews before and occassionally you get a naysayer. I wouldn't give the reporter any ammunition to support their angle in that circumstance. I don't think that interview made it to the TV. :cool:

Luckily, I find anyone on this forum knows the typical talking points that might be brought up and the retort that works.

-Range issues just require planning. Remember, the ICE competed with the horse who could eat grass everywhere. With the ICE, you had to plan to stop at a gas station unlike the horse.

-Initial cost v rebates

-Battery lifetime v warranty and cheap replacements in 8 years.

-Charging stations see mapping software with locations and 120V EVSE.

I bet the angle is high gas prices, but be wary if someone is wanting an attack piece.

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

local fox can be different, but doing interviews with fox network is a suicide mission.
they come with the story line in mind, and you get the screw. Going live with their "talent" is even a hairier experience, as they use you for a sparring partner, only they have the mute button.

this is what I do for a living. this is not speculation.

The local San Diego Ch5 FOX news doesn't seem to have the same agenda as the cable channel, so I think you're pretty safe.
The morning crew have a regular "Throttle Thursday" feature on cars, but I'm not sure the Leaf technically HAS a "throttle", and for sure it'll be the most disappointing (to them) ending where the cars' engines are all revved together!

gbshaun said:
The local San Diego Ch5 FOX news doesn't seem to have the same agenda as the cable channel, so I think you're pretty safe.
The morning crew have a regular "Throttle Thursday" feature on cars, but I'm not sure the Leaf technically HAS a "throttle", and for sure it'll be the most disappointing (to them) ending where the cars' engines are all revved together!
The accelerator "throttles" the electrons! :D

Back