First Year Scheduled Maintenance

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to burst the bubble, but the voltage gives you no real idea of actual capacity... You could have a 10% loss and still have the same cell voltages...

GotMyleaf said:
23,818 miles and 0 battery capacity loss in my Nissan LEAF!
I took the car in for the annual battery inspection and talked with the LEAF tech for a while and he showed me the diagnostic tools they use. When he connected to my car, he showed me the 'Cell voltage loss inspection' and the battery had 4026 mV output on the high-end which, he said, was equal to a brand new battery.

Well, just got the 1 yr battery check. No surprise, after 6500 mi of 99+% L1 charging only, 5 stars. Of course, just like everyone else, no other info. However, I did get in and out in about an hour, got some free cookies, a free cleaning and car wash plus no attempt to extract payment for unnecessary services. Thanks Bill Robertson Nissan!

Reddy

I rotated my tires at around 7600 miles, but the "Tire Maintenance Needed" light still flashes on the dash when I start my car. Does something need to be re-set when the tire rotation is done so that the car knows it has been done? Due to scheduling problems, I did NOT take the LEAF to a Nissan dealer for this. Car seems to be driving like normal.

(Another factor--not sure if important: Around 7400 miles, the low tire pressure warning light came on. So I added air as soon as I could and that light no longer came on.)

Phoenix said:
I rotated my tires at around 7600 miles, but the "Tire Maintenance Needed" light still flashes on the dash when I start my car. Does something need to be re-set when the tire rotation is done so that the car knows it has been done? Due to scheduling problems, I did NOT take the LEAF to a Nissan dealer for this. Car seems to be driving like normal.

(Another factor--not sure if important: Around 7400 miles, the low tire pressure warning light came on. So I added air as soon as I could and that light no longer came on.)

you just need to reset the mileage for your next reminder

Phoenix said:
Where do you reset mileage for next reminder? Is it something I do on vehicle because I didn't set it for even this first reminder?

its in settings on car. under maintenance. someone must have set it for you

Phoenix said:
Where do you reset mileage for next reminder? Is it something I do on vehicle because I didn't set it for even this first reminder?

Don't remember the exact steps, but it is in the dashboard menu system, not the central touch display console.

The dash menu is accessed using dashboard buttons to the left of the steering wheel near the doorway. Should be documented in your owners manual.

JPWhite said:
Phoenix said:

Don't remember the exact steps, but it is in the dashboard menu system, not the central touch display console.

The dash menu is accessed using dashboard buttons to the left of the steering wheel near the doorway. Should be documented in your owners manual.

i access mine thru the center display

Four buttons to left of steering column.
Upper left, then upper right to settings
Cycle to maintenance, to tire, reset.

This must be set by the user as the car does not know the tires were rotated. It does, however, know that the tire pressure was adjusted.

RegGuheert said:
GotMyleaf said:
When he connected to my car, he showed me the 'Cell voltage loss inspection' and the battery had 4026 mV output on the high-end which, he said, was equal to a brand new battery.
You will get that voltage (or something very similar) regardless of how much capacity your cells have lost. In other words, that bit of data does not give you any information about how much capacity you have remaining.

I agree. It's doubtful that you have "zero" loss, and the data you have doesn't tell the whole story.

scubasandy said:
Thanks- I called, Phone: (877) NO GAS EV (or 877-664-2738), not 1-800
Scubasandy, sorry to hear about your bar loss. We are still missing most of the information needed for your Wiki entry:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Real_World_Battery_Capacity_Loss#one_bars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We still need:

--Mileage when capacity bar lost
--Last 5 digits of VIN
--Date of manufacture (drivers door frame)
--Case number of report to Nissan
--Date reported to Nissan

Thanks.

DaveinOlyWA said:
JPWhite said:
Phoenix said:

i access mine thru the center display

There are two independent reminder systems. One is buried in the dash display system (I have that one off) and the other is part of the navigation console under Info->Maintenance

Recently had my first year battery check. Can you guess how many stars I got? Anyone? Well if the Leaf were a restaurant it must serve very good food.

So no surprises there but I did note the service people seemed a little... confused when I asked for the battery check.

"The big battery, people, the big one..."

Okay, it wasn't that bad but later they let slip that most of them haven't been able to take Leaf Training yet. Actually, that didn't surprise me either. Based on everything people have said I am beginning to think that the people who know the least about the car are those that should know the most.

At my annual last month the dealer made a big point to say the battery test reveals nothing about the state of the battery. He said it is exclusively a report card on my driving and charging habits.

Back