First Year/ 13,400 Miles in Colorado

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mog404

Love my Leaf! Flawless commuter appliance this first year with no problems whatsoever. Put over 13,000 miles on it, with zero maintenance, except for rotating tires. Passed the annual Nissan battery inspection with no issues, no lost bars, no special treatment (always charge to 100%).

My commute is 50 miles round trip at highway speed, so really takes some juice. The Leaf is reasonable in the snow and has excellent range in the summer. Drains the battery battery amazingly quickly when temps are in the single-digits F, but not bad above 40F. I don't drive the Leaf any differently than my other cars, except that I have a small lap blanket for chilly days. By fall, I had gotten up to 3.9 miles/kWh, but has dropped a little since then with the cold weather.

Best small thing is the heated steering-wheel. Worst small thing is the digital speedometer.

See my one-month post for more.

One year ago this last Thursday, Peruzzi Nissan emailed me a picture of my LEAF sitting on the delivery truck in front of their lot, and I drove it home that night. It's been a great car for me. I too drive it like a normal car. Of course, it treats me much better than a normal car, with its smooth, quiet ride. Just got my one year inspection yesterday. Battery condition is great. They replaced the cabin air filter and rotated the tires. Talk about a low-maintenance car! I love it!!!

Chili turned a year old last month. I average 4.5-5.0 m/kw on carwings. Work from home and my range is between 70-80 miles on flat land, rarely use a/c, speeds 35-45 mostly, 9,100 miles. I charge to 100% very time but, that is 2-3 times per week. Battery yearly test passed w no issues. no repairs to date. Chili has been a good girl and never left me stranded...

Hey! Welcome to the 100% chargers' club. I am a big advocate of 100% charging and it's good to hear from Leafers like you. So far I don't see any range loss at 32,000.

Everybody tells me I'm an idiot for espousing it with no professed knowledge of Li battery chemistry, technology, research and what not. And Nissan's recommendations to boot. Incidentally, Nissan also recommends running the tires at 24 psi. I run them at 5-6 below maximum rating. So there...

Keep in touch and keep posting.

nice to see some positivity in a sea of negativity. and yes, this forum should concentrate on the challenges of EV ownership but sometimes the "woe is me" gets old.

as for me? 2 years and 2+ weeks. it aint perfect, but its more than good enough!

ILETRIC said:
Incidentally, Nissan also recommends running the tires at 24 psi. I run them at 5-6 below maximum rating. So there...
Nissan recommends 36 PSI. So you're running 38-39 PSI, closer to recommendations that you thought. :p

I meant 34. Didn't look at the manual. Surprised to hear that. Every time I go there they adjust it to 32 :mrgreen:

Brings back Ford vs. Firestone memories. Blew up in everybody's face, did it not? I think Ford did recommend 24 back then. That's where that number crossed over to my post.

ILETRIC said:
Everybody tells me I'm an idiot for espousing it with no professed knowledge of Li battery chemistry, technology, research and what not. And Nissan's recommendations to boot. Incidentally, Nissan also recommends running the tires at 24 psi. I run them at 5-6 below maximum rating. So there...
I think describing the past discussions this way misses the mark, don't you think? There are a few cerebral types on this board, but it's to be expected given the subject matter of this forum. Obviously, it's your car, and you can do whatever you like with it. We will hopefully have a price tag on the battery soon, which should put some of this discussion to rest.

DaveinOlyWA said:
nice to see some positivity in a sea of negativity. and yes, this forum should concentrate on the challenges of EV ownership but sometimes the "woe is me" gets old.
Yes, it's nice to see a good mix of posts, but I wouldn't go as far as to describe MNL as "sea of negativity". Or is it?

Back