First Leaf delivered to Lance Armstrong

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so excited to see the Super black color. I am glad I changed mine to black, although white probably would have been better here in Arizona and it may cost me 5 miles in range with the additional a/c usage haha.

Is this the first instance of a Leaf being released from Nissan's control? I wonder can Lance drive it around whenever he wants or is this a publicity stunt with a bunch of restrictions?

LTLFTcomposite said:
Is this the first instance of a Leaf being released from Nissan's control? I wonder can Lance drive it around whenever he wants or is this a publicity stunt with a bunch of restrictions?

I'm sure there are some restrictions - like he can't sell it on ebay :lol:

May be Nissan still owns it ...

Timaz said:
I am so excited to see the Super black color. I am glad I changed mine to black, although white probably would have been better here in Arizona and it may cost me 5 miles in range with the additional a/c usage haha.

I don't care for the prominence of the silver/chrome in the lamp housings with the black. Or the red either for that matter. The blue, white, and the silver....those housings seem to blend in more.

Armstrong's License plate: ROID LEF or ROIDLEAF?

Wish Nissan would have chosen a better commercial or advertisement celebrity than Armstrong. But I am sure Lance didn't have much else to do besides kiss Nissan $#@

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=317813&id=141137487795

lance-front-e1285873279396.jpg

JPC2822 said:
Armstrong's License plate: ROID LEF or ROIDLEAF?

Wish Nissan would have chosen a better commercial or advertisement celebrity than Armstrong. But I am sure Lance didn't have much else to do besides kiss Nissan $#@

Seems like they made a pretty good choice. There are those like you who despise the man and are talking about the car and his relationship with the car because of it. Your even posing information here about it and I'm sure you mentioned it to others outside of here. There are also people who worship the ground he walks on and they too are probably spreading the word about how Lance got a Nissan Leaf. I don't think they could have picked a much better person because of the polarizing personality that he is everyone will have something to say about him and the car.

And by the way, any celebrity would have nothing to do to "earn" the car other than kiss Nissan. Thats the way it works.

Not sure about you guys but the FB pics are MUCH better. I am starting to digg on the yellow rims (+2 WOULD BE SWEET!)... still not sure about the calipers and blue logo though. I guess, sometimes rollout PR trumps aesthetics.

Looks like ol' Lance isn't wearing his seat belt in that shot. Wouldn't make for good PR to have a high profile injury (or worse).

We'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume they were just sitting there... not too long though, cause that would raise other doubts! :lol:

Go Lance!

Looks nice. That's not orange, it's "LiveStrong Yellow" :D

And I'm sure he didn't have to kiss anybody's @zz at Nissan. But some of them probably need some Chapstick :lol:

Has anyone seen any posts, pictures, or other indications that the Lance Leaf is actually being driven around?

I've seen nothing at all. With all of the interest in the car, makes one wonder if Lance was delivered a fully functional car, or just a show piece for some good pictures.

Back