First Leaf delivered to Lance Armstrong

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sproqitman

This was posted on Twitter about an hour ago:

lancearmstrong Back in ATX and about to get my new Nissan LEAF. Can't wait! I'll send pics asap.

MaryC said:
What part of the country does he live in? That car should be easy to spot.
Austin, TX

notice the special yellow plate on the front quarter panel. I'd like to know what that says.

The car is trimmed for the Livestrong Foundation (Yellow/Black). Things I can tell that are different are:
Black wheels
Yellow trimmed tires
Yellow brakes (i think)
the yellow plate on the front panel.

side note.. Sorry EVNOW for the cross post - I just looked to see if someone put "Lance" in the topics and missed "3..2..1".

Is this car an actual production vehicle? If so, that would mean the production line is hot. Worst case it would have rolled off on Monday (local time) of this week and shipped via air freight to San Antonio.

I am thinking the bolt-on "tuner" look is not coming across best in this picture. His car would probably be better off with a full custom black/yellow paint job and LiveStrong graphics wrap. Black on black with rim color needs large wheels to pull off (and matching decal colors). It's a start though :) .

TRONZ said:
I am thinking the bolt-on "tuner" look is not coming across best in this picture. His car would probably be better off with a full custom black/yellow paint job and LiveStrong graphics wrap. Black on black with rim color needs large wheels to pull off (and matching decal colors). It's a start though :) .
What about going retro with mag wheels and a flame decal from the front fenders! :lol:

The more I look at it the more it hurts. Black wheels with orange sidewalls and orange brakes on a black car. I hope this is for Halloween because it is really ugly and overdone. I did not know they made orange wall LRR tires:) Did they paint those?

Jimmydreams said:
I wonder if the "100% Electric Zero Emission" decal is the offical decal for the eco package??

The "100% electric" part is new....
YES that is why I did not buy that package. I want an electric car but I do not want to drive a poster board for Nissan.

On 12 Sept in San Diego, Nissan reps said that the silver car there
was a "production line" LEAF, #24 they thought.

So, it would seem that the line was "running", but most lkely quite
slowly, as the details were worked out and refied for each step.

Gradually, the line will be run at higher speeds, and occasionally
stopped to fix or improve something, I suspect.

When does the line "become hot"?
Perhaps when it reaches rates of 15 or 30 a day, but then
"really hot" when rates of 100 a day are reached?

Back