Finally got my $99 back from Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rauv

I put a $99 deposit on my Leaf on April 20, 2010. After much hassle with CS after I took delivery in June 2012, I was finally mailed a check that arrived yesterday for the $99. I hope Nissan's excuse is that they are focusing their efforts on a better battery:D Love the car so far.

Rauv said:
I put a $99 deposit on my Leaf on April 20, 2010. After much hassle with CS after I took delivery in June 2012, I was finally mailed a check that arrived yesterday for the $99. I hope Nissan's excuse is that they are focusing their efforts on a better battery:D Love the car so far.

I think your the only one I've heard of with this problem. I got my American Express refunded very quickly after purchase.

I was notified April 11th that my refund would arrive in 6-8 weeks. Somewhere in May Nissan called to confirm my mailing address. I have not received my $99 yet.

I made my $99 reservation in August 2010, placed my online order 3/12/2012 and my credit card was refunded 5/16/12, prior to my taking delivery on 6-4-12. I'm sorry you had so much of a struggle getting your money back. :( Sounds like a glitch in "the system"...OR they were making soooooo much interest on it they kept it as long as possible to squeeze every extra penny they could get out of that single deposit :!: :eek:
I'm glad you finally got it out of them. :)

Sounds like that if the deposit was made via credit card, refund was speedy, as was mine. But, if Nissan had to cut a check, slowsville. Not uncommon, I would say.

The credit card I used for the deposit was cancelled by the time I got my Leaf. They mailed me a check, which I almost threw out because it was in plain envelope so I thought it was junk mail. Fortunately I peered inside.

Back