Filing a Georgia Tax Return with the ZEV Credit Document

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboyjohn

Has anyone in Georgia filed their Georgia Tax Return with the ZEV Credit? Did you e-file or file by mail?

I'm not sure if I have to file my Georgia taxes by US Mail with the ZEV form attached or if I can e-file my GA taxes and then send in the ZEV form with a copy of the GA tax return. (the refund takes 2 weeks if e-filed and 7 weeks if filed by mail).

Any wisdom would be much appreciated!

flyboyjohn said:
Has anyone in Georgia filed their Georgia Tax Return with the ZEV Credit? Did you e-file or file by mail?

I'm not sure if I have to file my Georgia taxes by US Mail with the ZEV form attached or if I can e-file my GA taxes and then send in the ZEV form with a copy of the GA tax return. (the refund takes 2 weeks if e-filed and 7 weeks if filed by mail).

Any wisdom would be much appreciated!

I don't know about GA but be sure if you do online filing for Federal you don't use HR Block software. Last year it did not have the $7500 federal tax credit. Also, I tried to find an HR Block tax preparer who did know the right form to use and all 6 failed to say the right form and a call to their online support failed to find the right file too.

Good luck.

Thanks Tom! I'm using TurboTax and it played well with the Federal $7500 credit. Georgia's the big question... :)

Talked to the GA State Dept of Revenue and they said I have to file by mail in order to receive the credit. Bit of a delay in getting the funds, but oh well. Better to get them then not.

Also, if you don't use the entire credit this year, it will take some additional work and phone calls to get it approved for those rollover years (up to five.) I used mine in 2011 and 2012 and the remaining credit was rejected in 2012 and my refund shorted by over $2K ("no original form sent" - duh - it was sent along with my taxes in 2011...)

Back