Extremely disappointed with Nissan Canada / Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackvalkyrie

Have been on various waiting lists with local dealers as well as Nissan Canada for about a year for the leaf. got my "invite" to register online to hold a vehicle several weeks ago when everyone else in Canada did.

Logged in, followed all the steps, picked the car , completed they surveys created my account etc. Next day I decide to log back in to see what else they offer, but can't access my account. Phone their Canadian customer support who put me through to Nissan USA web support. They suddenly have no record of my login or anything. I suggest they figure out the problem and fix it.

They continue to have difficulty, so instead of fixing it, they say I will just have to wait another 6 mos for the next batch of registrations.

Since thats not really a satisfactory answer or solution for me, I pointed out that clearly they had all my info and that they should fix their website instead of pawning me off. I also expressed concern that if they can't manage their own users accounts - how can I trust that they can manage the web interface for the car?

They told me they would have someone call me back ASAP to fix everything - been about 3 weeks and not a peep. Pissed off. The Ford Focus is looking better every day.

What a way to treat a customer.

Rant over - thanks for listening

Reservation started August 27 so it could only be less than 2 weeks BUT that aside; yeah wouldn't be very happy either! :shock:
Is Canada going to have the same problems that the American's had?
Keep us informed if they do contact you.
There is an official Facebook page for Nissan LEAF's in Canada, might speed up their correction of the problem if it's on there.

Good luck and all the best to you, hope Nissan gets back to you with some better news than "Better luck next time" :evil:

blackvalkyrie said:
They suddenly have no record of my login or anything. I suggest they figure out the problem and fix it.

They continue to have difficulty, so instead of fixing it, they say I will just have to wait another 6 mos for the next batch of registrations.

What a way to treat a customer.

Rant over - thanks for listening

Wow, that sounds like deja vu all over again. In the US in the spring of 2010, we put it down to Nissan not having tested their fancy web site well enough. Not sure what to think if they have similar problems 17 months later. I'd be so angry at being told to wait 6 months, that I'd definitely be looking elsewhere. And this is the department Nissan calls Customer Service!

you might have an argument for them if your credit card actually got charged 99$ and you had no reservation number to show for it, but you didn't mention this in your rant.

I was able to get on, but it took me nearly an hour to complete, the website also crashed for a while right at the time i was sending payment. It went through as i have my confirmation email.

If you didn't get that far, I'm not surprised your data didn't get saved.

Back