EVSE upgrade very helpful

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracyv

I have found that the EVSE upgrade is by far and away the most cost-effective option for my charging. I'm glad I read the forums and waited for it to return from CA. After using it for a while, I don't think I will install a separate level 2 charger. Get the full upgrade, definitely worth the saved time. I can take it to work and plug it in at a nearby marina. Worked out a deal with the owner so I can get a very comfortable buffer for my ride home (about 53 miles RT, with A/C at highway speeds). Note: my employer will fire me if I plug it into a business plug, so check before assuming!

I agree. EVSE upgrade is the most cost effective. It is also very portable in the event one moves.

I had an interesting time working with my employer about charging at work. I was willing to pay if I had to, I just wanted to be able to charge at work. At first I argued that others used electricity at work for personal products including space heaters, refrigerators, chargers for cell phones, etc. They didn't buy that. Ultimately they measured the amount of electricity I was using and decided it would cost them more to monitor and bill me than the cost of the electricity I was using. So, I charge free at work.

relytgerg said:
I agree. EVSE upgrade is the most cost effective. ...
I just read your interesting chronology in your signature. What did you drive between Sep'11 & Jan'12 ? And where are you located (please add to your "Control Panel" "Profile") ?

LEAFer, I have a 2001 PT Cruiser that I drove in the interim. It is now in storage in my garage. I live near Syracuse in Central NY.

Back