EVSE questions - OpenEVSE, wiring, etc.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Itt and Yazaki were the premium UL approved cables. ITT bowed out of the market. The Chinese Dostar currently seems to make quality non UL approved cables. Tony uses them and the cables I have received are high quality.

I have an older open EVSE that has a separate power supply for the 12v which I think died. Where can I get a replacement? It blew the hot fuse when the EVSE stopped working, but replacing the fuse didn't get me 12v restored.

The 12V is not very critical. Any switching 100-240V wall wort will work fine. Ebay has many listed.

I have 3 - 120 amp JQX-62F relays for sale. They are each single pole with a 220v coil. You would need two but these may work for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161457606216?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OK well it was not the 12v supply. I think I have a Barbori? board. It looks like it shorted from the hot wire prefuse to the L1 relay test input. Are these boards available for purchase built anywhere? I am not much of an assembler.

Elephanthead said:
OK well it was not the 12v supply. I think I have a Barbori? board. It looks like it shorted from the hot wire prefuse to the L1 relay test input. Are these boards available for purchase built anywhere? I am not much of an assembler.

The OpenEVSE boards prior to the Advanced power supplies used an external supply. The Barbouri DIY boards have always used an external supply. From the OpenEVSE store you can buy a mostly completed plus ver 2 for $65. Add $20 for a completely assembled and tested unit. I think that is your best option.

http://store.openevse.com/collections/openevse/products/openevse-plus-v2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are in southern California you could come by. I am in Anaheim near Disneyland. I would be happy to look at it.

If the 12V supply is good and it is blowing fuses you may have MOV input protection. MOVs always fail shorted. MOVs look like a disk about the size of a quarter.

MOVs provide very good transient protection and some builds use them.

Back