EVPlates.com Custom Licence Plate Frame review. :-)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texleaf

So. This is my first review here. But I feel like I need to to review this because of the service I had from the company. First off I got the link for this company from this forum. I was looking into buying one of thesebecause I have the frame that comes from the dealership and I can't stand those. As I was looking for these on their website I noticed that they were a local company in fact they were a few miles from my house.

The website is pretty easy to navigate so I found the one I wanted and I emailed them to see if I could pay online and do a local pick up. They informed, via email 30 mins later, that they couldnt do a local pick at the time which was fine. So I waited a couple of days before buying it and I then I got an email from them. They went out of their way by talking to the local shipping store and change the entire software on the website to give them a local pick up option. This is not an easy task in fact it's kind of a pain in the ass. So I went ahead and ordered my plates.

So I place my order at 11 o'clock at night. And 30 minutes later at 1130pm I got the email back personally written by the company saying that they got my order!!!
The next day at 11 AM again email personally from them again saying that my order will be ready for pick up at 1 PM! CRAZY GOOD SERVICE!!

So anyway here are the plates
I ordered the EVolve on mine.
Here's how they look.

63D42DE6-093E-407E-8C52-0F089A965C46-18324-00000C8799C8A009.jpg

E0B68781-F65C-48B9-91EF-7FE82F355511-18324-00000C87A22B684E.jpg

I honestly thought they would be a aluminum crap plate frame like the ones I get when I bought the car. But they are actually more like a plastic, not cheaply made, resin type material. Actually, they have a nice finish to them.
Sorry for the dirty car, it's 41 degrees out and it's been nasty raining.

95470469-D284-4A0A-81A2-35577953A01A-18324-00000C87AF667849.jpg

928888FA-AAB5-494C-89F9-F609D341C5C8-18324-00000C87B46E56FE.jpg

Anyway. The service that I received from Evplates.com Was beyond my expectations. Seriously they changed their software, organization and the way the ship things just to fullfill MY pain in thr ass expectations which I thought was super cool.
Give them a shot. You won't be disappointed.

Good to know and looks great! Nice LEAF!

Now you might want to consider getting rid of "Courtesy" above your LEAF badge (it's clutter), unless you're into free advertising for the dealerships where you buy your vehicles. :cool:

Some dealers insist on putting their labels on the paint of the car you buy. It's your car and your decision. However, removing the decal or plate can sometimes damage your paint. I have a heat gun and it worked beautifully. It took a little time, but I did not want to damage the paint. You may get similar results with a hair dryer.

eclecticflower said:
Good to know and looks great! Nice LEAF!

Now you might want to consider getting rid of "Courtesy" above your LEAF badge (it's clutter), unless you're into free advertising for the dealerships where you buy your vehicles. :cool:

I'm pretty sure they ALL do that. Every car I've ever purchased had the dealer's badge slapped onto it (even if they traded another dealer for my preferred model). I always take them off and remove license plate holders with dealer names. I might really like the car, but I couldn't care less about free advertising for dealers. My Nissan dealer placed their "R" badge right above the chrome LEAF lettering when they prepped my car...and they amicably removed it. :) The hatch lid looks clean and uncluttered, especially since replacing the Zero Emission badge with the ELECTRIC lettering. :)

eclecticflower said:
I'm pretty sure they ALL do that. Every car I've ever purchased had the dealer's badge slapped onto it (even if they traded another dealer for my preferred model). I always take them off and remove license plate holders with dealer names. I might really like the car, but I couldn't care less about free advertising for dealers. My Nissan dealer placed their "R" badge right above the chrome LEAF lettering when they prepped my car...and they amicably removed it. :) The hatch lid looks clean and uncluttered, especially since replacing the Zero Emission badge with the ELECTRIC lettering. :)

They rarely ever do this in CA, people would go crazy. I have never seen one on a car in CA. Some places in the midwest and east rivet them on.

EVDRIVER said:
They rarely ever do this in CA, people would go crazy. I have never seen one on a car in CA. Some places in the midwest and east rivet them on.
Yes, dealers sticking their names on cars is standard operating procedure here in the midwest and it does make us (read: me) crazy! I didn't think badges of any type were still riveted onto cars...at least not newer models...wow. :shock:

MrIanB said:
I just bought a Volt and told them to take that crap sticker from my car before I take delivery on Thursday.

Ian B
:lol: I bet dealers crack whips at their detailers to slap that crap on! Don't trust that it'll be gone at delivery. I got home (without checking) and...IT WAS STILL THERE! :lol: I asked them to take it off a week later when I had the appearance package done (paint sealant). I checked for it at pick-up and again....it was still there (I think they "forget" on purpose). It came off quickly while I waited. Goodbye free ads.

eclecticflower said:
MrIanB said:
I just bought a Volt and told them to take that crap sticker from my car before I take delivery on Thursday.

Ian B
:lol: I bet dealers crack whips at their detailers to slap that crap on! Don't trust that it'll be gone at delivery. I got home (without checking) and...IT WAS STILL THERE! :lol: I asked them to take it off a week later when I had the appearance package done (paint sealant). I checked for it at pick-up and again....it was still there (I think they "forget" on purpose). It came off quickly while I waited. Goodbye free ads.

Lol. It better not be on there as it will be the first thing to check. It is on the we owe you list paper for delivery.

Ian B

I've always taken the dealer's vinyl stickers (free advertisement) off on my own, and I've never had a problem. My LEAF did not have one; it must have been a mistake because my last car came from the same dealer and it had one. I didn't complain. I also replaced the dealer plate frames with some from EVPlates.com. I'll be more than happy to advertise the dealership if they pay me, but they'll receive no free rides from me.

Back