EV Warning Light Every Time I Charge My 2015 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmorgan13

I have a 2015 leaf and I'm currently getting a EVWL after charging (Lvl 1 and Lvl 2). The leaf fully charges, has no weird smells, and overall is working great (90k miles and 10 bars left). One thing that seems off is I have the warning light right after charging, but if I cycle power right after charging on a level 1 the light goes away, but when I cycle power after charging on a level 2 it takes around 30 minutes and then goes out after being power cycled.

I replaced the battery 6 or so months ago. It reads approx 12.25V so I think it's okay; however, I do need to go get it checked at autozone this afternoon. I can update it when I do.

I downloaded leafspi to figure out the errors and here is a link to the screenshot
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sr9CC8Kxt2ftBfSp8

I'm getting codes related to the OBC, PD Module. I'm trying to figure out if this is my leaf's way of telling me our almost 6 year relationship is coming to an end...

If anyone has any advice or thoughts I'd be appreciative.

Thank you,
Andrew

wmorgan13 said:
I have a 2015 leaf and I'm currently getting a EVWL after charging (Lvl 1 and Lvl 2).
I would get this sort of error when using a "bad" EVSE (and they would clear after re-start). So my question is: have you verified this behavior with multiple EVSEs? If not, I think you and your Leaf are looking at a much longer relationship!

Yes, this happens on my regular wall plug-in Level 1 and multiple Level 2's I have used at work. I haven't tried the CHAdeMO connector in a while so it very well could be caused by that connection as well.

Also, I went by Autozone yesterday and per their tester the battery is fine.

Still got the error this morning, but the light went off after a power cycle.

Thank you,
Andrew

Back