EV Project: How will the $700 be reimbursed for the QC Port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ttweed said:
I paid 8.75% on the whole car, or close to $3000 in sales tax on mine. But then they sent me a $5000 rebate check, so I'm not feeling too bad about it

You got off with a low sales tax compared to residents of Silicon Valley. I paid 9.25%.

I received my QC rebate check today - applied on 4/20 with Nissan CS. Very pleasant surprise. Now all I have left to collect is the fed tax credit which I should receive with 2011 filing next year.

My PD just shot me a chain of e-mails between himself and a couple of different nissan-usa folks (Kyle and James). Nissan-usa is telling PD that my check "was requested Friday". So, I am guessing that I will receive it either later this week, or sometime next. I would guess these things are done in batches, so there are likely others here who are in the same boat.

Got mine too last Saturday. It was delivered to my neighbor for whatever reason, although the address showed correctly.

QC rebate check arrived in yesterday's mail (PD requested 4/21 when we picked up the car). Now all we are waiting on is a) EV Parking decal (HOV stickers arrived yesterday) and b) federal tax credit to be applied for next year.

So, despite the long, tortuous wait for the vehicle, things have gone very smoothly since.

Beachcliffs said:
sdbmania said:
.. took a bit longer then I was hoping ...
Just over two weeks? That seems lightning quick for Nissan time.

In my case, it's been five weeks since purchase and no $700 check yet. I figure I'll give it to the end of the week for the postal service to clear out any holiday backlog from Memorial Day, and then maybe contact Nissan about it if nothing arrives.

I have not recd. mine either. Did you guys contact Nissan to get the $700 check? After I took delivery I was told by Chat rep that they will be mailed. Do I need to contact them again to get it?

csriram45 said:
I have not recd. mine either. Did you guys contact Nissan to get the $700 check? After I took delivery I was told by Chat rep that they will be mailed. Do I need to contact them again to get it?
I never did contact CS about the rebate. I just double checked with my PD every once in awhile to see if he knew anything. He essentially sent an e-mail (or two) to folks at Nissan corporate.

For the record, while Power Nissan did not agree to sell at anything below MSRP, Tim Kling (and the rest of the staff) have been great to deal with throughout the entire process. They have always been courteous, friendly and professional throughout.

I got mine last week , Called up CS as soon as I got delivery and asked about the refund.

Ok for those who are waiting on the $700 refund. I suggest you contact Nissan Chat Rep. I was under the impression that I would get my refund without much effort. I had infact contacted the Chat Rep a week after delivery and I was assured I would get my cheque. Today when I contacted, I was told that no such file was created for my vehicle and they created one over the chat. My file will now be confirmed and reviewed and then once approved I would get the cheque. I suggest anyone waiting to go ahead and get their file created to get a faster refund.

hope this helps

Got my check in mail last week so that was a quick return considering I opened a ticket on June 8th. What I did not like was that the letter indicated that I have recd $700 for repairs to my vehicle !!!!.

Back