EV Project: How will the $700 be reimbursed for the QC Port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi LEAFers,

I am in the same boat, ordered my LEAF SL with the $700 QC port included in the quote, and then later was accepted into the EV Project.

I visited my preferred dealer (Dennis Coburn at Nissan Sunnyvale) yesterday, 4/15. He showed me a form that he said was emailed to him from ECOtality. It states that Nissan will mail me a check for $700, and I am to sign it showing that I acknowledge that. So my quote will remain the same, it won't be reduced by the price of the QC port.

So it looks like finally Nissan and ECOtality have established a policy that they both are agreeing on. But I want to know if anyone else has seen this form, and have you been reimbursed yet?

Steve

IBELEAF, Might want to check that last post for typos.

- - -

I am waiting for a check too.

about a week and a half ago i was on the phone with CS and i asked about this. the rep i was talking to said "you're not going to believe this but i'm the guy responsible for getting the $700 checks out to people in the EV project who ordered SL+QC"

we all know how big of a salt lick is needed when talking with CS but from the sound of the other posts here it sounds like it's probably true. however, it sounds like no one has actually received a check?

IBELEAF said:
TEG said:
Might want to check that last post for typos.
:lol: Autocomplete fail. I was typing "Etec"

Might want to have a word with the "autocomplete guy" then! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blB_X38YSxQ[/youtube]

astrorob said:
about a week and a half ago i was on the phone with CS and i asked about this. the rep i was talking to said "you're not going to believe this but i'm the guy responsible for getting the $700 checks out to people in the EV project who ordered SL+QC"

we all know how big of a salt lick is needed when talking with CS but from the sound of the other posts here it sounds like it's probably true. however, it sounds like no one has actually received a check?
I think that's true. The guy's name is Mike, and I don't think they have worked out all the details of how to fund these QC port rebates yet, according to the lengthy discussion I had w/ CS today. They are supposed to call me back with more details, but since the first time I called and asked about this was a month ago, not much of anything has been done or decided in the mean time, it seems. There is still no clear answer about whether they will include the sales tax the customer paid to the dealer on the $700 option in the rebate check or not, but they are aware of the issue. If anyone has actually received a check, speak up, please!

This is another complication in the roll-out that Nissan was not really prepared to deal with. They usually just build cars, not sell them directly to customers, and with the EV Project included in the mix and the late addition of SF Bay area throwing a monkey wrench into the process, they are playing "catch-up" at this point.

TT

ttweed said:
I think that's true. The guy's name is Mike, and I don't think they have worked out all the details of how to fund these QC port rebates yet, according to the lengthy discussion I had w/ CS today. They are supposed to call me back with more details, but since the first time I called and asked about this was a month ago, not much of anything has been done or decided in the mean time, it seems. There is still no clear answer about whether they will include the sales tax the customer paid to the dealer on the $700 option in the rebate check or not, but they are aware of the issue. If anyone has actually received a check, speak up, please!

Based on Ttweed's prior success in dealing with CS (first passed over Sept/Oct order to receive car), it is clear that we have the right man on the job! :D

I called the Nissan CS number on 4/20, one day after receiving my LEAF, to inquire about the $700 rebate for QC. I talked to Lindsey who asked to verify the information they had on my purchase -my name, address, phone no., email address, dealer's name and address, and VIN. She said the information was needed to create a file for processing the request. She gave me a File #, and said it would take up to 30 days for the rebate. So the clock is ticking, and I will call her back when time is up. I wasn't asked to fill out any form or send any paper information to her.

I don't know if my experience is the same as others requesting the rebate.

linkim said:
I called the Nissan CS number on 4/20, one day after receiving my LEAF, to inquire about the $700 rebate for QC. I talked to Lindsey who asked to verify the information they had on my purchase -my name, address, phone no., email address, dealer's name and address, and VIN. She said the information was needed to crease a file for processing the request. She gave me a File #, and said it would take up to 30 days for the rebate. So the clock is ticking, and I will call her back when time is up. I wasn't asked to fill out any form or send any paper information to her.

Lindsey is who i talked to today too. Very nice lady, and familiar with MNL forum, so she is probably going to read these posts at some time. Hi Lindsey!

She works in the same group with Mike, but he is the "master of the spreadsheet" that they are using to collect the info about the customers who need to receive the QC port refund. She verified my info in the same way that she did with you, gave me a file #, and then looked up my account and found my original inquiry from last month after I mentioned it, and then just added my recent inquiry to the older file. She seemed to indicate to me that corporate had not established a final procedure yet for sending out refunds or "identified" the fund source from which to pay them, so this is what leads me to believe no one has gotten a check yet. I do believe they are working on it and an outcome is "semi-imminent." She promised to find out about the sales tax issue and if they are not going to refund that as well, she said she will find out why. She did agree that it seemed fair that if we had to pay tax on the $700 option, we should be refunded that amount as well, because if we received the SL-e model we wouldn't have paid it to begin with, but who knows if the corporate bean-counters will feel the same way? If enough people express their opinion about whether sales tax should be covered, maybe that will influence their decision from a PR standpoint. Feel free to call if you are waiting for a check or are in the EVP and have an SL-QC model coming! The number is posted above. :D

TT

linkim said:
I called the Nissan CS number on 4/20, one day after receiving my LEAF, to inquire about the $700 rebate for QC. I talked to Lindsey who asked to verify the information they had on my purchase -my name, address, phone no., email address, dealer's name and address, and VIN. She said the information was needed to create a file for processing the request. She gave me a File #, and said it would take up to 30 days for the rebate. So the clock is ticking, and I will call her back when time is up. I wasn't asked to fill out any form or send any paper information to her.

I called in in regards to rebate on 4/06.... it's over 30 days now

ttweed said:
...if you are waiting for a check...
Lindsey just called me back, and told me that the QC port refund checks will be going out in a few day, and should be in the hands of everyone who has qualified for one that they know about within 10 days. If you don't get it by then, call her. The bad news is that Nissan will NOT be refunding the sales tax. That is too messy of an issue for them to deal with, involving the dealers, the Franchise Tax Board, and Ecotality, and they aren't going to go there. They are refunding the $700 cost of the QC port (which is what they received from Ecotality) and that's it. It was suggested that I contact Ecotality if I wanted to pursue the sales tax issue.

I can see their point, and it is only $70 out of $37K purchase. I probably wouldn't even have my Leaf right now if I had insisted on receiving the SL-e that I ordered, so personally, I am ready to write off the extra sales tax as the cost of getting my car earlier and still qualifying for the EVP and the free charger.

If there is anyone out there who is due a QC port refund and is not sure that Nissan has identified them correctly, I suggest you call CS and make sure you are in Mike's spreadsheet. :D

The checks are coming.
TT

IBELEAF said:
Since there is no sales tax for EV purchase in WA, we are getting full $700.
I wish CA did that! I paid 8.75% on the whole car, or close to $3000 in sales tax on mine. But then they sent me a $5000 rebate check, so I'm not feeling too bad about it. ;)

Since the CA ZEV rebate will probably drop to $2500 next year, it would make more sense for the state to offer a sales tax waiver like WA instead, but the rebate comes from CARB money currently, which is in a different pot than the FTB money, so they probably won't, even though it seems to me they would eliminate a bureaucratic process that has some costs involved by doing so. The legislature won't want to reduce revenue to the general fund, while CARB money comes from road and gas tax and vehicle reg funds, I think.

TT

Back