EV (+ EMS) Focus Group Looking for Participants

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
OK, I have another focus group tip. This one will be by colleagues of those very nice Nielsen people from Korea some of us met a few months ago. I don't have many details, other than they are looking for EV owners who use an Energy Management System (TED, etc....) to monitor their household and EV energy usage. I assume, since they asked me to participate, that this is going to be in the greater Los Angeles area; that we are going to be compensated; and I know it's going to be next month. But I really don't have any other details yet.

What I'd like to do is start two lists. List one will be interested EV owners who do use a TED-like device. List two will be interested EV owners who don't. Why the list of people who don't? Well, I'm told that they may want to include a few people who have EVs only, since the EV charging is such a big part of the study.

Put me down as interested as well.. I don't "know" if I use a TED like device or not. I have SunPower for my solar and I can look at my usage online, so I assume that would be something similar, no?

xtremeflyer said:
Put me down as interested as well.. I don't "know" if I use a TED like device or not. I have SunPower for my solar and I can look at my usage online, so I assume that would be something similar, no?
If you can monitor home usage and not just production, I'd say definitely yes.

Me too!
So far we just monitor the Blink, but are strongly considering a TED, or similar.
And, I seek even the least possible excuse to go north! Grandkids will do that to you!

It sounds like you have have more than you need, but if you need another non-monitoring person please add me to the list. Thanks.

Note change in title.....accepting EMS participants from all over the US! :shock:

Note to non-EMS users......they are definitely more interested in the EMS users, so please don't be offended if they pass on using you.

Please put me on the EMS and EV list. I have a Leaf and a TED 5003 I use to measure EV charging, solar generation, and whole house net usage.

Please add me to your list for EV+EMS if they are interested in participants from Phoenix. Right now, I am just using a recording Fluke DMM and clamp-on current probe. I intend to get a TED (or similar) device installed soon.

Thanks,
Gerry

mwalsh said:
Note change in title.....accepting EMS participants from all over the US! :shock:
What ? Is this a email study ?

Anyway, I've the Blink - so I'm monitoring my EV usage.

Back