EV-CAN message Decoding

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
What is in EV:55B:D1 (of D1-D8)?
(EV-CAN bus, Message ID 0x55B, first data byte)

During QC, it appears to be something like our "soc" (GID),
but scaled slightly differently.

I am still looking for Battery Temperature.

I think you are right.
I was digging and noticed that msgId:55b {D1[7:0],D2[7:6]} divided by 10 does seem to be a candidate for SOC (%). On 80% charges, it follows the gids *very* closely in shape, but the max is 80.0 (on both 80% charge logs I have - one being over 9 months old). On 100% charges, I get slightly varying results on the top value around 95-96% (despite my max gids being considerably lower than most non-AZ owners). I have one log of a charge from 80% to 100% (hit the button in the morning after charging to 80 overnight). In that log this starts at 79.8 and stops at 94.9. So allowing 0.2% droop after stopping at 80.0 earlier, this seem very consistent with the notion of SOC.

Documenting canbus decoding here: canbus decoding doc. Different tabs for evcan and carcan.

P.S. I, too, am looking for the Battery temp. Thought I may find it now that I have temperature logs to compare to but it is still eluding me.

TickTock said:
Documenting canbus decoding here: canbus decoding doc. Different tabs for evcan and carcan.
TickTock - can you add a tab documenting the spreadsheets a bit? For example:
  • What does a yellow background represent?
  • What are all of the acronyms near the top (under the Car CAN and EV CAN headings)?
  • Could you include some examples of how to decode this information using GaryGID's CAN-Do (or better still, a program like Torque)?

Back