Etiquette when using public charging stations.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't talking about etiquette on an EV website kind of like preaching to the choire? I'm just thinking, that anyone thoughtfull enough to read posts here, already gets it. But - the other crowd's typical thoughts? I'm guessint that the other crowd won't even bother to read signage that tells 'em what to do if/when they're too clueless to be considerate.

hill said:
Isn't talking about etiquette on an EV website kind of like preaching to the choire? I'm just thinking, that anyone thoughtfull enough to read posts here, already gets it. But - the other crowd's typical thoughts? I'm guessint that the other crowd won't even bother to read signage that tells 'em what to do if/when they're too clueless to be considerate.
Well, it seems that the original poster and the person he was complaining about both read this forum, posted on this thread, and both have seen some criticism of their conduct. I think they both "get it" better now. So I would say that it's probably useful for them both to get some perspective. I'm no Rodney King fan, but in his memory why don't we all just try to get along?

Wow, I gotta say wow. These to couples were the only ones there, so only they know what really happened, but jeez, posting his personal info online and PM'ing him a link to the thread seems really over the top. I hope Shrink's personal info was taken down and that cooler heads prevail.

The Volt can send a text or email stating that the charge is complete or that the charging was halted unexpectedly. Can the Leaf do that? I'm not a big fan of posting my cell on the charge protocol card ( http://www.evchargernews.com/chargeprotocolcard.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) but that's another option.

DANandNAN said:
The Volt can send a text or email stating that the charge is complete or that the charging was halted unexpectedly. Can the Leaf do that? I'm not a big fan of posting my cell on the charge protocol card ( http://www.evchargernews.com/chargeprotocolcard.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) but that's another option.
Yes.
Alas, the Leaf cannot be programmed to cry like a baby being stolen, if it is merely unplugged after it is finished charging. That distinction belongs to the Volt. (Of course, that feature dovetails neatly with the law GM sponsored in CA, allowing EV's to be towed if they are not physically plugged in. If you can't win on the technology....)

EricH said:
DANandNAN said:
Yes.
Alas, the Leaf cannot be programmed to cry like a baby being stolen, if it is merely unplugged after it is finished charging. That distinction belongs to the Volt. (Of course, that feature dovetails neatly with the law GM sponsored in CA, allowing EV's to be towed if they are not physically plugged in. If you can't win on the technology....)
Thanks & LOL

Back