Electric Service Upgrade Warning Los Altos

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been almost a month and still no inspector and no communication from the electricians, eTec, or the city. The stucco around my panel is all cut open and exposed to the elements because the installer thought the inspector might need to see the connections inside. I still don't know how the inspector is going to rule on the issue of the CO detectors. I emailed both the electricians and eTec about this last week asking for them to expedite it or at least get a date for me when this will be resolved and they haven't responded. I'm getting tired of this. The Blink is working fine.

Interesting topic. I just got the Blink installed today. Inspection is supposed to be in a week or so, but we will see. I am in Mountain View (adjacent to Los Altos -- a stone's throw, in fact). I did not get a separate meter or a new panel, but did have to trench out to the detached garage, and the electrician had to run the line down in the crawlspace. No walls were cut, save for a couple holes to run the conduit. I'll report back on what happens.

Finally had the inspection today, but it turned out not to be the final. The inspector was mainly interested in the way the system was grounded, and made the electrician redo some things. He was satisfied with the arrangement of CO and smoke detectors in the house, and took my word for it since he said all the permitted work was exterior (my view also) and he "had no business" going inside to "prowl around." He would not sign off until the stucco around the new main panel was resealed. The electrician had left the cut open for the inspector to see the wiring connections. So it looks like no additional costs beyond what I agreed to.
(I'll repost this is the companion thread on the related $5000 Blink install).

Back