DRONE STRIKE! I'm not kidding...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JasonA said:
An "accident"/impact occurred of a vehicle on the highway.. I'm sure there was a place to pull over.. Surely(don't call me that) would have been if ANOTHER "motor" vehicle was involved :roll:

But "Stoaty's Rules".. never stop!! gotta save those KW's!!! :lol: Keep on rolling!!!

And the blame does fall on the driver of ANY vehicle in an accident..not stopping at highway speed to look or see?

This is like the airline pilot who saw the "multi-roto" come close to his jet while he was going 400+ mph... but yet while on ILS approach was able to describe in almost EXACT DETAIL everything about a 8"x1' quad wizzing by :roll:

Plz... this is an argument you'll loose..

You appear to have the advantage, because I don't even comprehend what your "argument" IS. I asked you to explain what kind of blame you think exists on the part of the driver, but I got something about shooting an ILS approach.

lqnaJxS.jpg

JasonA said:
I think (most) of you guys are really going way overboard on this. In the end it was the OP's fault for not stopping and collecting the evidence. I mean come on.. REALLY?? :roll:
I am also dumbfounded. How in the world could the incident be the OPs fault? Your argument seems to say that if he had stopped to pick up the pieces, it would not have happened. How can that possibly be?

Did you read the OPs initial post?
...........though heavy, traffic was moving nicely..........
Other vehicles all around and no place to pull over.
That sure sounds like a multi lane highway, and you want a person to run out to a center lane to look for pieces? Would you?

ebill3 said:
JasonA said:
I think (most) of you guys are really going way overboard on this. In the end it was the OP's fault for not stopping and collecting the evidence. I mean come on.. REALLY?? :roll:
I am also dumbfounded. How in the world could the incident be the OPs fault? Your argument seems to say that if he had stopped to pick up the pieces, it would not have happened. How can that possibly be?

Did you read the OPs initial post?
...........though heavy, traffic was moving nicely..........
Other vehicles all around and no place to pull over.
That sure sounds like a multi lane highway, and you want a person to run out to a center lane to look for pieces? Would you?
I never said this... did I?

Maybe you 2 can try and troll abit harder next time... but meanwhile..

yea.. I'm sure if it was a "vehicle to vehicle" impact.. there would have been room or a place to get over.. There always is :roll: and people slow down..

You telling me that NO ONE ELSE would have stopped or slowed if the sky was falling (objects falling from the sky) and hitting a vehicle?

Again.. amazing detail while driving.. even I (who knows these things inside and out) prob couldn't tell it was a DJI while moving in a fast
though heavy, traffic was moving nicely
vehicle on the highway :lol:

Out...

JasonA said:
I never said this... did I?
Yeah. Essentially you did. Blame means there was some negative outcome for which you are assigning responsibility. You've yet to describe the negative outcome or how the OP was responsible for it.

yea.. I'm sure if it was a "vehicle to vehicle" impact.. there would have been room or a place to get over.. There always is :roll: and people slow down..
yea..I'm sure if that was somehow relevant, you'd explain why.
You telling me that NO ONE ELSE would have stopped or slowed if the sky was falling (objects falling from the sky) and hitting a vehicle?
Again irrelevant. Since you're assigning some kind of blame, it's kind of up to YOU to explain WHY the OP should have stopped.
Again.. amazing detail while driving.. even I (who knows these things inside and out) prob couldn't tell it was a DJI while moving in a fast vehicle on the highway :lol:

So, maybe we're meant to read around the edges of what you're trying to say. Since you bring this last thing up again, maybe you're trying to say the OP has "blame" because he could have gotten the brand wrong? Or maybe you're saying that in your expert opinion this could possibly not have been a quad copter at all, but some random piece of red and white plastic that fell from the sky leaving evenly spaced striated scratch marks, debris, (and sounds) remarkably like those that would have been created by impact with a small lightweight spinning propeller?

JasonA said:
Maybe you 2 can try and troll abit harder next time... but meanwhile..
Hey Nubo, we are trolls. Don't you love it? :lol:

First time I've been so honored, so I am also out.

Any amazon boxes near the site?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le46ERPMlWU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JasonA said:
An "accident"/impact occurred of a vehicle on the highway.. I'm sure there was a place to pull over.. Surely(don't call me that) would have been if ANOTHER "motor" vehicle was involved :roll:

There wasn't a SAFE place to pull over and I had an SUV riding my tail. It was a very "light" hit, not a crash. I made a simple judgement that I risked more damage to the car and those around me by stopping on that stretch of road.

If I had the weekend to think about it, I might have chosen differently! ;-) Still, it will cost far less to buff out the paint and whatever else is needed than my $500 deductible.

JasonA said:
But "Stoaty's Rules".. never stop!! gotta save those KW's!!! :lol: Keep on rolling!!!

I would find it almost impossible to get through life without a sense of humor. kWh was not a factor in my judgement, but it makes a great line in a post replying to Stoaty.

I think we need to lighten up. It was my call. I'm fine with it. You should be, too. Again, what's really interesting is that it happened at all. What are the odds? Answer: Whatever they are, the odds are going up!

JasonA said:
Plz... this is an argument you'll loose.. You know how many DJI Phantom "clones" there are out now??

Yes. One LESS!

;-)

P.S. Nubo -- Thanks for the rabbit!

So after parsing Jason's posts a few more times, I think his main concern is the reputation of DJI; that it may be getting a bum rap regarding their drones going rogue, and he somehow thinks the point of the original post was to slam DJI in particular. I'm guessing this may be an issue in the "quad community" which he seems to be heavily into.

Which is where I think the disconnect is coming from because I doubt if any of the other posters are concerned at all about which *particular* brand of drone was involved.

So we were just arguing past each other, I think.

Nubo said:
Nah, just "droning" on and on... :lol:

Sorry about the hit to your LEAF, OP.

If these things are going to start smacking into our cars, then perhaps they should become the spoils of the victim (assuming they're retrievable without bodily harm). Prize awarded for being an involuntary target (sorry, drone pilots).

And they are. I've been flying drones1 for over 30 years. The only thing that has changed is the amount of skill required to operate them and, as a result, the number of them being operated.

(1) Drone: an unmanned aircraft or ship guided by remote control (Merriam-Webster)

eclecticflower said:
If these things are going to start smacking into our cars...

eclecticflower said:
Nubo said:
Nah, just "droning" on and on... :lol:

It's one of my specialities. :p

These things do look like a lot of fun. Not sure I want to lay out a grand for some serious FPV flying machine, but I see there are small quad copter models available for less than $50 that would probably be a kick to play with.

Shortly after reading this thread, there was a news story about some guys smuggling contraband tobacco into a prison with one of these drones.

Nubo said:
So after parsing Jason's posts a few more times, I think his main concern is the reputation of DJI; that it may be getting a bum rap regarding their drones going rogue, and he somehow thinks the point of the original post was to slam DJI in particular. I'm guessing this may be an issue in the "quad community" which he seems to be heavily into.

ARuSm.gif

LOL are you kidding me? :lol: I could give a rats ass about DJI.. their FW is known to be buggy and they make nothing of "pro" quality anyways (don't tell me the Ace One is PRO :roll: )..

I have flight controllers and Autopilots that cost more then the Leaf :lol: .. not Chinese junk.. (and yes.. they are for the low end market)..

Don't run off guys showing me a turbine heli with a WooKong or Ace( and a RedOne) saying "it's pro" :lol:

It's all amature stuff in the end.. and prone to failure.. probably flying with Spectrum gear as most of you do :roll:

P.S. I'm sorry what happen to the Leaf..

P.S. Watch out for new Amazon drones flying nearby..

P.S. Don't ever stop for anything...

P.S. Watch out for cooties..

JasonA said:

As long as you're enjoying yourself, fine by me. I still don't understand what your point is/was but then again one doesn't have to know everything.

Peace.

I saw this thread linked from the heli forums I post on. What kind of idiot flies their Phantom over a crowded freeway?

I guess since I fly the "you're going to die it my heli hits you size," I keep them away from people and property, and wouldn't even dream of flying my semi harmless quad over people and stuff.

Back