Door handle un/lock button not working after Leaf Spy service menu alterations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAMTHESTIG

I've had my '14 SV for a couple weeks now and I bought Leaf Spy Pro for iPhone, I modified a bunch of settings in the service menu... they all worked, except now my outside door handle lock/unlock button doesn't work anymore. I tried changing other settings, and even tried setting it back to what I recall was defaults. I tried setting auto locks to off and back on. I hit the "change" button after each change to see if I can reset it. Nothing I've tried has got the door handle buttons working again, yet all my setting changes are working fine.

What the heck? Anyone have this issues? Ideas? I'm thinking of reach out to the developer of Leaf Spy to see if they've heard of this. My Google searches and such yield no results as far as I can tell no one has had this issue.

Just a WAG but could the batteries in your FOB be low? Without a working FOB the outdoor button won't work.....

No the issue started right after changing settings. One of my FOBs has a brand new battery as well and I'm still having the issue.

Wonder if removing the 12V battery for a while will rest it all to defaults...

I learned the hard way many years ago (as a teenager) to leave things alone. Customizing, changing, or upgrading things will usually cause big headaches..

Try using the option in the dash menus to set back to factory defaults? I think disconnecting the battery may not affect the door lock settings?

On my 14 S, I did use the leaf spy service page to change the automatic lock and unlock behavior. I set them to Auto lock once moving, and never unlock automatically. Originally they didn't lock or unlock automatically, I guess that was the default.

I changed it with leaf spy when I first got the car a few months ago. Since then I've had the 12v battery disconnected numerous times, having lots of other fun with the car. When removing 12v, the radio stations get lost, and the climate & charge timer settings get lost. But the door locks still do the same thing. The handle buttons seem to work normally.

Do all the door handle and rear hatch lock buttons (not) work the same way? Maybe one key fob is inside the car already, and the one in your pocket outside the car is not recognized? (Thinks you're inside the car).

The 2014 service manual is available online, try going through there to troubleshoot the door locks or keyless entry.

In case it helps, there's a PDF manual here:

http://www.leafspypro.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/LeafSpy-Help-1_2_1-iOS.pdf

See pages 23 & 24 for the door lock setting descriptions.

I found the problem, apparently any time one of these settings is changed via Leaf Spy the i-key stuff in the computer gets turned off. I turned it back on and now all is working again, with my desired settings intact.

Mildly annoying quirk but there you go. Thanks for helping out everyone.

On the nav screen. There is setting I think labeled comfort and convenience or something and iKey was off after changing settings via LeafSpy.

Back