DOE IG report on use of EV funds

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matth

The Inspector General's findings on the use of stimulus funds for vehicle electrification. DOE agrees, and has already started making changes.

Results:

The Department could improve its financial management of the Program. Specifically, the
Department had not obtained and reviewed required financial and compliance audits and cost
reports for the Program's six for-profit recipients to determine the financial condition of the
recipients; the reasonableness of costs expended under their awards; and, the adequacy of
internal controls and compliance with laws and regulations.

http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/OAS-RA-12-11.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought a LEAF in 8/2011 and got a free Blink EVSE through the EV Project. There was some hassle with the unit, but things are now working perfectly.

I bought a Volt earlier this month and am going for a 2nd Blink through the EV Project. I had a site visit last Friday (GM runs their program differently than Nissan) and all I can say is that the parties involved are overcharging and making a grab for government money. It's a real shame.

Back