Discrepancy in cost of charge comparisons

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xado1 said:
u all are so lucky.
in the us everything is cheap,and u don't believe it.

...rest snipped out....

if we can't afford it,we don't buy it
That last sentence is good advice that too many Americans don't follow. Unfortunately nearly our entire economy depends on too many people buying things they can't afford. (Some citizens feel that our Federal government is doing the same thing, but in my view that isn't true....yet).

IMHO It's not that debt is bad, it just shouldn't be a way of life. Which is why I think more Americans need to read The Millionaire Next Door. Saving at 5% then spending instead of borrowing at 18% (and spending) should make more sense, but for some reason nobody believes that anymore.

padamson1 said:
xado1 said:
u all are so lucky.
in the us everything is cheap,and u don't believe it.

...rest snipped out....

if we can't afford it,we don't buy it
That last sentence is good advice that too many Americans don't follow. Unfortunately nearly our entire economy depends on too many people buying things they can't afford. (Some citizens feel that our Federal government is doing the same thing, but in my view that isn't true....yet).

IMHO It's not that debt is bad, it just shouldn't be a way of life. Which is why I think more Americans need to read The Millionaire Next Door. Saving at 5% then spending instead of borrowing at 18% (and spending) should make more sense, but for some reason nobody believes that anymore.

i can t afford to buy it which is why i lease!

cwerdna said:
planet4ever said:
In a home you might find an occasional 16A or 20A L2 EVSE, but the public ones are 30A, 32A, or 40A, so they don't limit charging for any LEAF.
30 amp @ 240 volt home EVSEs aren't that uncommon, I don't think.
That's what I thought I was saying. There are occasional 16A or 20A home EVSEs, but (other than EVSE Upgrade) most are 30A with a few higher. Virtually all public EVSEs are 30A or higher.

Ray

16 amp home EVSEs are somewhat common, since those are entry level units. Bosch, SPX, and Leviton make them, and I believe Clipper Creek did at one time too.

20 amp models like the Clipper Creek LCS-25(P) are definitely uncommon. I'm not sure if anybody but them and EVSE Upgrade (of the 2013+ Nissan OEM EVSE's) make 20 amp units.

Another oddball is the 32 amp Leviton EVB-32. It allows the maximum charging speed from a 40 amp circuit. At around $1500 MSRP I personally don't think the two extra amps are worth the added cost even if you have a car that can take full advantage of it.

Back