Disabling panic alarm?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp4rk

I need to find out if there is a way to disable the panic alarm; the red button on my remote control?

Why?

In the past several days, I have upset my neighbors by setting it off accidentally. The keys are in my pants pocket and somehow as I move in my desk chair, I set it off.

This has happened daily.

Anyone know of a way to defeat it?

sp4rk said:
I need to find out if there is a way to disable the panic alarm; the red button on my remote control?

Why?

In the past several days, I have upset my neighbors by setting it off accidentally. The keys are in my pants pocket and somehow as I move in my desk chair, I set it off.

This has happened daily.

I bought an inexpensive cover for it which recesses the buttons. When I bought mine, dealers didn't have them for the LEAF, but they do now.

LEAFfan said:
sp4rk said:

Why?

This has happened daily.

I bought an inexpensive cover for it which recesses the buttons. When I bought mine, dealers didn't have them for the LEAF, but they do now.
Really? I'll try my dealer in the AM. Thanks.

I cut the stiff plastic packaging the cover came in into an oval that fits inside the cover over the buttons. You can still press them, but it requires more force. That helped a lot.

My dealer turned off the panic alarm for me (same reason as you). So, if like me, you don't feel the need to ever have the panic button, the function can be disabled. The car alarm (for a break-in) is still active, however.

Back