Did you reserve a Tesla Model 3 ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you book a Model 3 ?

• Leaf owner - Booked in Store on 31st

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Leaf owner - Booked online on 31st

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Leaf owner - Booked in Store later

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Leaf owner - Booked online later

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Non-Leaf owner - Booked in Store on 31st

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Non-Leaf owner - Booked online on 31st

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Non-Leaf owner - Booked in Store later

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Leaf owner - Booked online later

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
GetOffYourGas said:
Ew. I cannot wait to see the final design. And I hope it is not this. I want to drive a car, not a computer.

I don't think the final design is going to stray too far from this. I really like what I saw at the reveal event, but I do understand it is very controversial on the interior. Some love it and some hate it...not much between. Exterior on the other hand seems to be nearly universally liked.

It's almost as if they are planning on getting rid of the steering wheel in the future. :roll:

I've warmed up to the exterior since the Model S grill change, but the lack of a dashboard somehow still just seems wrong.

jlv said:
It's almost as if they are planning on getting rid of the steering wheel in the future. :roll:
A joystick in the center console would make sense if it is self driving. Left or right passenger can take over in case a large semi turns left in front of you. :shock:

jlv said:

I've warmed up to the exterior since the Model S grill change, but the lack of a dashboard somehow still just seems wrong.
I saw my first Model S with the new front end a week or so back. I don't care for it on the Model X, and I'm not all that sure that it's an improvement on the Model S. I'll have to see a few more to decide, but I liked the look of the original front end. The only part of the Model S exterior design I wasn't totally happy with was the 'shelves' on the rear quarters - from certain angles it makes the car look like it has broad hips. The jury remains out for me on the Model 3; I think it's okay looking, but nothing special. With a few exceptions, it's getting pretty tough to distinguish one modern sedan from another.

I'm not sure why I like the androgynous looks of the Model 3, but do.
I also like the X which skews gender feminine to me but I appreciate the slippery aquatic theme relative to almost every other air-sucking SUV schnozz. Audi strikes a pretty good balance though.
I seem to have stopped instantly associating power, speed and endurance as best expressed with masculine cues. Dunno why, maybe the recent tour-de-force of female Olympic athletes.
Anyway, enough psycho-naval-gazing.

Back