Demo Leaf on a truck headed to Nissan of Clovis

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnr

I guess spotting a Leaf on an auto transporter truck is no longer newsworthy ... but I had to share the sighting anyway! ;)

The truck is parked by an abandoned warehouse just over a block from my house. Trucks often park here. I noticed among all the cars is a new blue Leaf demo vehicle headed for Nissan of Clovis. VIN # JN1AZ0CP6BT008451. No options except for the quick-charge port and floor mats. Also note the "2011 World Car of the Year" sticker. The window sticker showed an MSRP of a bit over $32k. So this must be a 2011 Leaf before the price increase.

img1389sm.jpg

img1391sm.jpg

img1390sm.jpg

img1392sm.jpg

cwerdna said:
Does the number in the lower right correspond to a build date? If so, does it mean 2011, month 10, day day 01?
I am not 100% sure ... but ... I think it's when the Monroney Sticker was produced at the port of entry. So, it's not directly related to the build date back in Japan.

johnr said:
...Also note the "2011 World Car of the Year" sticker...

My 2011 that I picked up a week ago had that sticker on it as well. I kindly asked the dealer to take it off when he went around removing the other various stickers on the windows. I told him, "no offense or anything, but I'm good just knowing ;) "

Back