Degradation Issues with VIN 222. A MUST Read!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
downeykp said:
The safe thing to do here would be to buy from a private party. I wouldn't think Joe Schmoe would know how to recalibrate a Leaf, but I could be wrong.

Assuming you live in one of the 5 states where something like that is easy to do.

Me, here in flyover country I have to work hard to buy a car like a Leaf from a dealer and no such thing as a locally owned leaf (a few leased ones around but they go back to dealer or auction and the auctions aren't in my part of the state).

Yes, but Joe Schmoe might become Joe Gonzo by the time you figure out anything is wrong. If you buy from a long term dealer, you know they will still be around.

dhanson865 said:
downeykp said:
The safe thing to do here would be to buy from a private party. I wouldn't think Joe Schmoe would know how to recalibrate a Leaf, but I could be wrong.

Assuming you live in one of the 5 states where something like that is easy to do.

Me, here in flyover country I have to work hard to buy a car like a Leaf from a dealer and no such thing as a locally owned leaf (a few leased ones around but they go back to dealer or auction and the auctions aren't in my part of the state).

Welcome to the Tesla owners (we just got crosslinked from http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/41480-Now-A-Whole-Bunch-of-Leafs-Available-at-a-Dealer-Near-You" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!)

as an update to my prior post I'm starting to see used Leafs in Knoxville so I don't have to drive to Atlanta or Nashville or other cities necessarily but I still compare prices between the cities, still a bit early in the cycle for me to pull the trigger.

I'm probably waiting for this issue to get more traction and used leafs to pile up more on the lots. Sorry to those looking to sell their Leafs, I'm looking to get mine cheaper.

dhanson865 said:
as an update to my prior post I'm starting to see used Leafs in Knoxville so I don't have to drive to Atlanta or Nashville or other cities necessarily but I still compare prices between the cities, still a bit early in the cycle for me to pull the trigger.

I'm probably waiting for this issue to get more traction and used leafs to pile up more on the lots. Sorry to those looking to sell their Leafs, I'm looking to get mine cheaper.
Just met a guy at the dealer today that recently bought a used 2012 for $13,700.
Bought L2 EVSE from Home Depot for $680. With electrician work will be total around $1500.
I think he could have beat both those prices.
Say at auction and with several OpenEVSE suppliers on MNL.

Amazed to see there actually is a used EV demand in Chattanooga that was slower than Nashville and Knoxville to embrace the LEAF.
But we do have Gigabit fiber optic internet :? :lol:

mr23 said:
I'm not aware of what others are encountering looking at used Leafs, but this week I emailed with a local dealer who has a number of '11-'12's. I asked if they (dealer) had run the 'battery diagnostics' on each Leaf, or, did the factory before dealer purchase of them, and have a report available; if they knew the capacity of each pack.

His response:

"I know we have not done a battery test, not sure if they did at Nissan. So no I do not have a report for you. All are still under factory warranty so no real reason to run a test unless something was wrong."

"From the one's I have seen all still at 12 bars, you still get a battery warranty on all leaf's for capacity up to 100k miles."

So I wonder if some dealers even know what they are getting into; or, perhaps they do. Seems odd they wouldn't know about the battery test given the discussion on this forum (required 12m,24m,36m, etc testing; and; Nissan dealers have access to all records on the cars).

14 months later that same dealer claimed not to know about the 'reset' to regain 12 bars, not to know about anything other than the bar count, other than maybe the tech could measure this kwh you're asking about, and said I could use LeafSpy. They have a number of 11-12's still, and now track the 'lost bar count', and will show that to you, but they do not publish them on their web listings.

Back