DC QC between Ridgefield and Centralia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

I see that there is suppose to be a DC QC in Ridgefield and I know there is one in Centralia but the two are about 70 miles apart. Is there suppose to be a charger between these two?

70 miles of freeway driving in the middle of winter with the heater going isn't going to happen.

Not sure I can agree with DCFC in Ridgefield. There was originally supposed or at least proposed to be aDCFC in longbow Kelso but that seems to have fallen off three radar

It's not easy to tell on the AV site, but it appears that there are two operating charging stations in Ridgefield, I believe they are both L2. Getting from Centralia to Portland will require some dreaded L2 charging it seems. It's hard not to look at all those QC's south of Portland and all the one's they are actively planning to add in OR and not get jealous. Thanks to Ecotality dropping the ball here in WA, we are ending up with a rather fractured QC network, which really is a shame!

Really, we need to make a call publicly for Ecotality to stop installing more L2 and get on with a strong push for populating our state with the real meal deal of quick chargers.

the first station into WA both from the south and north is only L2 and distinguishable from the others because they are in Rest Areas on dedicated freeway off ramps (not a true exit since you cannot access surface streets) . DCFCs start with the second station from the border. it is obvious that the initial rollout for AV has not gone as planned. there are still several proposed sites (Poulsbo) that we have yet to hear about. granted what we now have, makes it possible to get border to border, but requires very careful planning and compromises in driving. Centrailia to Ridgefield is 70 mph for 90% of that distance. obviously not possible in a Leaf. i have no issues driving slower and do it ALL the time on the 70 mph stretches of I-5. i do see about an 85 mile range during this time of year if i average about 57-60 mph.

Back