Cost for the optional 6.6kW charger in the 2013 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dsr302 said:
...I wonder how the intangible cost can be factored into this costing model of having a high-tech LEAF & battery built domestically compared to ones built in Japan?......<shuddering as I recall the build-quality issues of the lower-tech Titan truck during the Canton plant start up>...to me there is value in the ones built in Japan ;) :D
"The yen and electricity are only two of a long list of worries." The deindustrialisation of Japan may be neither as complete nor as damaging as feared - Economist.com/blogs

KeiJidosha said:
They have introduced the ZOE which has a 43kW charger and costs less than the LEAF.
I believe most of the cost savings is in the fact that the ZOE does not come with a traction battery at those prices.

A year back, Nissan was making noises of making the 6.6 kW charger available for the 2012 Leafs.
Any news on that?
You will note that the Ford Focus EV advertising claims "charges twice as fast as the 2012 Nissan Leaf" :)

jwatte said:
A year back, Nissan was making noises of making the 6.6 kW charger available for the 2012 Leafs.
Any news on that?
You will note that the Ford Focus EV advertising claims "charges twice as fast as the 2012 Nissan Leaf" :)

The 6.6kw Charger will be an option on the 2013 model according to Mark Parry of Nissan.

jwatte said:

If they don't quantify that, they are lying. I find it hilarious how they just ignore the LEAF's QCing option.

TomT said:
It is dead in the water. Won't happen...

That is unfortunate. Any details on why?
It seems like something like that could be made as an after-market part, although installation would be tricky.

Also: I wonder if I can buy 96 LiIon cells from China to extend the range of my Leaf. At some point, that will become a kind of after-market part, just like the ICEs have all kinds of gizmos for a small fraction of the car buying public.

TTT

With the 2013 S trim announced to have this option, any word on the cost? I'm hoping the cost for this and the optional "hybrid heater system" (living in CT) doesn't drive up the cost too much... Looking to get info before the end of the month so I can decide whether leasing a 2012 SL (all they have for inventory around me) or 2013 S makes more sense.

Jeff

If you want the hybrid heater, you have no choice but to move up to at least the SV it appears...

http://sfbayleafs.org/news/2013/01/2013-nissan-leaf-product-highlights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jfon101231 said:
With the 2013 S trim announced to have this option, any word on the cost? I'm hoping the cost for this and the optional "hybrid heater system" (living in CT) doesn't drive up the cost too much... Looking to get info before the end of the month so I can decide whether leasing a 2012 SL (all they have for inventory around me) or 2013 S makes more sense.
Jeff

Yeah, and re-reading the press release I take it the same way. That's a bummer. Will have to do some analysis now. The end result will also mean that the trim levels will have different range ratings I assume (assuming that the EPA tests include headlight and/or HVAC usage)...

I didn't see the thread about 2013 pricing/features, so this thread should probably be locked to prevent future discussion here that is best done in that thread.

jwatte said:
TomT said:
jwatte said:
A year back, Nissan was making noises of making the 6.6 kW charger available for the 2012 Leafs. Any news on that?
It is dead in the water. Won't happen...
That is unfortunate. Any details on why? It seems like something like that could be made as an after-market part, although installation would be tricky.
See here for my answer to that question.

Ray

Back