Cord Retractor

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coolfilmaker said:
Anyone else want to get one of these?
Thanks, I'll pass. Didn't see anything that interests me. Are you sure you have the correct URL? Looks like service station air hose storage or such.

Bill

I have been thinking about putting something like this on my Blink EVSE at home to avoid wrapping the cord on their cheesy plastic spool. These gas pump style retractors are designed for heavier hoses than the electrical cord on the EVSE, though. It sounds like they just use a counter weight on the other side of a pulley to retract, which does beg the question whether it is worth spending $200 for this simple mechanical assembly rather than putting it together from parts, since the counter weight itself will likely have to be adjusted to match the weight of the cord anyway, and it is altogether a heavier duty device than necessary. Based on the way these work, it may also be necessary to have a hook that allows holding the cord low enough to drape on the ground nicely when in use, rather than hanging the cord suspended in mid air under the retractor tension, as this poses a potential obstacle to a walking path and also puts a bit more strain on the ends of the electrical cord.

Howdy Goudey

Back