Consumer Reports Leaf Blog

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a subscriber.
I wrote them as well.
How can you assess a Leaf's usefullness, if you dont plug it in at night or have a charger?
Really, basic stupidity.
We all have chargers, and the vast majority of us have 220s.

smkettner said:
The article really reflects how Consumer Reports should stay out of the automobile industry.
That's probably the best summary. They must give aptitude tests to potential new hires, and, if the applicant scores high, they hire someone else. You don't charge the car. You don't turn on the heater. You show up with 25+ miles of range left. And then you complain about being cold because you didn't turn the heater on?

Actually, as a CR subscriber for many decades, I think they generally do a very good and unbiased job of testing vehicles.

smkettner said:
The article really reflects how Consumer Reports should stay out of the automobile industry.

thankyouOB--

I have 3500+ miles on my LEAF #0662 and I believe that I can speak with some authority on it's performance---did I mention that I do not have a Level 2 EVSE.

I have had absolutely no need for the Level 2 thus far; I may in the future and if so I will purchase one.

Please do not use such grandiose statements--it puts you in the same catagory as the person you are complaining about.

I posted this:
I am biased. I own a Leaf.
As a longtime CR member and worshiper, I would say that this blog post would be hilarious, if it weren't so dangerous.
This is not a review by a competent person, it is a review by someone who does not understand or try to use the technology before her.
-You need to plug the car in at night and charge it if you are using it the next day. That is what Leaf owners have learned to do.
-You need to learn something about the car you are about to drive. If you were given a stick shift car, would you complain that you cant get it to drive around the block if you didnt use the clutch?
-You need to be fair. Would you review a refrigerator and say it didnt keep food cool, if you didnt plug it in. Would you say you couldnt cook with an electric stove if you didnt plug it in.

This item shows so much hubris. You should be embarrassed to have printed it because it shows how you are foolish and ill-suited to test new technologies.
Sad.

You will never see it, I suspect, as I got this note:
Thank you for commenting.

Your comment has been received and held for approval by the blog owner.

Return to the original entry.

BLUEH20 said:
thankyouOB--

I have 3500+ miles on my LEAF #0662 and I believe that I can speak with some authority on it's performance---did I mention that I do not have a Level 2 EVSE.

I have had absolutely no need for the Level 2 thus far; I may in the future and if so I will purchase one.

Please do not use such grandiose statements--it puts you in the same catagory as the person you are complaining about.

apologies, but your comeback is a bit harsh in tone.
Regardless, as I wrote it and hit submit, I realized that some minority of us get by with 110 plug in. it doesnt change the overall point: that she should plug in at night, if she wants to use the car the next day for an untested trip, over new terrain in possibly cold or wet weather.
That is to say, i commonly charge to 80%, but on rainy days when I commute, I charge to 90 or 100 -- to be on the safe side.

thankyouOB said:
BLUEH20 said:
thankyouOB--

apologies, a million apologies, but your comeback is a bit harsh in tone, and if I were less of a gentleman, I would call BS on the last statement.
Regardless, as I wrote it and hit submit, I realized that some minority of us get by with 110 plug in. it doesnt change the overall point: that she should plug in at night, if she wants to use the car the next day for an untested trip, over new terrain in possibly cold or wet weather.
That is to say, i commonly charge to 80%, but on rainy days when I commute, I charge to 90 or 100 -- to be on the safe side.

Back