Clipper creek HCS40 install

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julieinthecity

We just bought a clipper creek HCS 40. Our garage used to be a stable. Husband parks his Volt inside, the leaf is outside. Should we install it in the garage with an opening in the wall or is it ok to install it outside. It is hard wired. Thank you.

I have the same CC unit. It is graded as indoor-outdoor, it is ok to put it outside. I would suggest to get the holster for the plug to protect the open end of the plug from the rain and snow.
I put mine outside as well, as I have no garage at all. Here in snowy Montreal, I had to worry about the weather big time. The CC units are the best and most reliable on the market.

We also just installed a Clipper. I opened it up to make sure everything was sealed nice, the box itself as well as the power coming in and out are all sealed up nice and tight. I would second the suggestion of getting a place to cover you j1772 end so it doesn't get filled with water or snow when not in use.

Julieinthecity said:
We just bought a clipper creek HCS 40. Our garage used to be a stable. Husband parks his Volt inside, the leaf is outside. Should we install it in the garage with an opening in the wall or is it ok to install it outside. It is hard wired. Thank you.

Just to clarify AFAIK it's not allowed to be installed inside and have the J1772 ran through the wall.

Back