Chevrolet Bolt & Bolt EUV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone order one yet?

Wonder how long it will be before you can buy a Bolt for less than list price, or get a promotional low-payment lease offer?

...I did order the following from Stewart Chevrolet Cadillac in Colma (San Francisco Bay Area).

Bolt Premier: $40,905
Kinetic Blue Metallic: $395
DC Fast charging : $750
Driver Confidence II: $495
Infotainment packages: $485
Destination: $875
Total: $43,905 before sales tax, title or doc fees.

Dealer is charging MSRP. I contacted 6 different dealerships all around the Bay Area and nobody was budging on price. All were MSRP.
http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4770

I expect the first few months of the Bolt's release to be "MSRP only and expensive leases." In the unlikely event they offer a Premier lease I could afford (preferably with all-cloth seats) that sort of discounting probably won't happen until Spring. Since I hope the 2017 leaf will also start to be discounted at least a bit then, I'll likely still end up with another Leaf.

edatoakrun said:
Anyone order one yet?

Wonder how long it will be before you can buy a Bolt for less than list price, or get a promotional low-payment lease offer?

several months before that happens and will only happen if sales tank and I don't see that being likely unless there are some well publicized hiccups on the initial batch.

Have to think it will take some time for GM production to match demand. it will be a seller's market for a while

DaveinOlyWA said:
edatoakrun said:
... Wonder how long it will be before you can buy a Bolt for less than list price, or get a promotional low-payment lease offer?
several months before that happens and will only happen if sales tank and I don't see that being likely unless there are some well publicized hiccups on the initial batch. Have to think it will take some time for GM production to match demand. it will be a seller's market for a while
Might happen when Leaf 2 is available. If not then, then surely by the time the Model 3 is in mass production. GM's production goals for the Bolt are very low, for a revolutionary car.

="DanCar"

edatoakrun said:
Anyone order one yet?

...Total: $43,905 before sales tax, title or doc fees.

Dealer is charging MSRP. I contacted 6 different dealerships all around the Bay Area and nobody was budging on price. All were MSRP.http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4770
...several months before that happens and will only happen if sales tank ....GM's production goals for the Bolt are very low, for a revolutionary car.
Is the Bolt revolutionary, in that Chevy is trying to get buyers to pay almost $50,000 for an econobox?

edatoakrun said:
Is the Bolt revolutionary, in that Chevy is trying to get buyers to pay almost $50,000 for an econobox?
Clean air for my lungs are worth the $30K, plus the myriad of other advantages of an electric car:
Acceleration, no vibration, time saving not visiting a gas station, quiet, low maintenance, car pool lane access, and low fuel costs.

edatoakrun said:
="DanCar"

edatoakrun said:
Anyone order one yet?

...several months before that happens and will only happen if sales tank ....GM's production goals for the Bolt are very low, for a revolutionary car.

$43K is not close to 50 before taxes but I agree, WAY over priced for an econo box EV. Anyone paying full price may regret it after likely big price drops down the line, too many variables should push the price down after the early "must have" customers get theirs.

DaveinOlyWA said:
smkettner said:
How does size compare to a Prius? Probably up thread somewhere.
The general impression I get is more passenger space, less cargo space.
I feel the more passenger space is a bit misleading. The reason is that the Bolt has more headroom were average height people don't need it.

DanCar said:
edatoakrun said:
Clean air for my lungs are worth the $30K, plus the myriad of other advantages of an electric car:
Acceleration, no vibration, time saving not visiting a gas station, quiet, low maintenance, car pool lane access, and low fuel costs.
Bolt 0-60 time of 6.5 seconds is faster than 90% of the cars on the road. Twice as fast as some econoboxes. Faster than Honda accord sport. And probably faster then a lot of other "sport" cars.

DanCar said:
DanCar said:
edatoakrun said:
Bolt 0-60 time of 6.5 seconds is faster than 90% of the cars on the road. Twice as fast as some econoboxes. Faster than Honda accord sport. And probably faster then a lot of other "sport" cars.

Econobox refers more to the size and build quality not exactly the 0-60. The Bolt has both the build quality look, size and design of many "Econoboxes" The interior screams it.

EVDRIVER said:
DanCar said:
DanCar said:

Econobox refers more to the size and build quality not exactly the 0-60. The Bolt has both the build quality look, size and design of many "Econoboxes" The interior screams it.

What do you expect for it to be like a Cadillac inside and out?!?

It has double the range of the Leaf with better performance with only a slightly higher price point what more do you expect?!?

rcm4453 said:
EVDRIVER said:
DanCar said:

It has double the range of the Leaf with better performance with only a slightly higher price point what more do you expect?!?

Range is not the point. No but not a interior and exterior that looks worse than many cheap cars. It's pointless because GM keeps proving they can always find some way to mess with an EV. In all the Bolt is likely to have stiff competition so I expect price slashing down the road.

EVDRIVER said:
rcm4453 said:
EVDRIVER said:

Range is not the point. No but not a interior and exterior that looks worse than many cheap cars. It's pointless because GM keeps proving they can always find some way to mess with an EV. In all the Bolt is likely to have stiff competition so I expect price slashing down the road.

Well I have only seen photos and videos of the Bolt EV. I will wait to test drive it before giving my opinion. Seems to me many of the new economy cars have cheap interiors, at least that's my first impression when riding in them/driving them.

DanCar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
smkettner said:
I feel the more passenger space is a bit misleading. The reason is that the Bolt has more headroom were average height people don't need it.

sure, whatever. I am not really up on the Bolt but read somewhere that it had more rear seat leg room than a whole laundry list of cars... they all could be little cars as well I guess.

DaveinOlyWA said:
DanCar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
sure, whatever. I am not really up on the Bolt but read somewhere that it had more rear seat leg room than a whole laundry list of cars... they all could be little cars as well I guess.
The Model 3 is 5 inches wider.

smkettner said:

The Bolt EV is a few inches bigger in each direction than a Honda Fit, and it is a bit smaller than a Toyota RAV4. Very different package than the Prius - more upright and taller, but shorter front to back.

Back